Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

eSport

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

I was an early adopter of the +5" phablet - Samsung GNote.

Everyone used to say *WTF is that and always received grief from family and friends - fast forward to today 5.5" its all moot.
I currently use an iPhone 5s (BlackBerry Q10 2nd device) and an iPad Air 2.

That being said I currently would consider the iPhone 5se to replace the 5s.

I prefer to have 2 devices *minimise/share battery usage.
Communications - Q10
Play *data sim, portable - 5s
Play when sitting - Air 2

TeemuPRKL

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

So far I've preferred smaller screens so 5se would seem like a strong candidate if I'd have to replace my 5s. Probably not switching to it though unless I have to since the rumored upgrades aren't that interesting; no 3D Touch and Apple Pay doesn't work in Finland.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

So far I've preferred smaller screens so 5se would seem like a strong candidate if I'd have to replace my 5s. Probably not switching to it though unless I have to since the rumored upgrades aren't that interesting; no 3D Touch and Apple Pay doesn't work in Finland.

The biggest upside for you, then, would be the A 9 processor. And unless you've already replaced it, your 5s will need a battery at some point soon. So maybe upgrade when that time comes, rather than paying $80 for a new battery.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Absolutely. I'm one of those people holding out for a 4" iPhone. It's the perfect sized phone for me.

If the 16GB model ends up costing around $450-$500 and I can still get a $200 (or thereabout) Apple trade-in credit, then I'll upgrade for sure. It's coming up on 4 years since I've bought my iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Absolutely. I'm one of those people holding out for a 4" iPhone. It's the perfect sized phone for me.

If the 16GB model ends up costing around $450-$500 and I can still get a $200 (or thereabout) Apple trade-in credit, then I'll upgrade for sure. It's coming up on 4 years since I've bought my iPhone 5.

Wow! That's a long time for the 5. My 5 lasted 25 months before the battery got too weak. Still a great phone though. Just needs a new battery.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Not out the gate, I'll have to see how reviews rate it. Also that price point matters as well.

eSport

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I prefer to have 2 devices *minimise/share battery usage.
Communications - Q10
Play *data sim, portable - 5s
Play when sitting - Air 2
Update: Another month and I've 'updated'.

Main device: iPhone 6
2nd device: iPhone 5s

I still have the iPad Air 2, but its getting less use.
My Q10 is unfortunately found its place in the drawer :(

Looking forward to the release of the 5/SE

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Wow! That's a long time for the 5. My 5 lasted 25 months before the battery got too weak. Still a great phone though. Just needs a new battery.

Let me clarify: I've had the 5 for 1.5 years and the 5S for just about 2.5 years. My apologies for misleading you. It's still about time for me to upgrade so I hope Apple has a new 4 inch iPhone on the table come March 21.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I've only had an iPhone (6s) since January... so no. My fiance' might though since his Android is having hardware issues. Depends on pricing and weather or not the phone has certain things he is looking for.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

If it's basically the 6s in a 4" package, I'd definitely give it a hard look as I love the idea of having a phone that disappears in my pocket. If the rumors are correct and all I lose is 3D Touch, I'm totally fine with that.

napaceni

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I totally agree. Once you get used to the bigger display there is no going back. Therefore, I am looking forward to the iPhone 7 Plus.

helio9965

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I can see how a 4 inch iPhone would be attractive to some users. However, if Apple cut down the bezels on the 4.7 in iphone, that would probably almost be the same size as the 4 in iPhone with a larger screen. Me personally would still prefer the 5.5 in iPhone, but I like how Samsung has made the width and size of its Galaxy S7 edge smaller while still maintaining a 5.5 in display size... Hope Apple does something similar too...

jsox78

Aug 30, 2011
johnbowersox.me
I'm still rocking a 32GB 5S so the 5SE is definitely appealing to me.

I always loved the 5S screen size and still see the 6/6P screen sizes as too big for my daily carry device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2