Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 369
Like Tree463Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #276  

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanknitrous View Post
    -Well, if you value battery life then buying the 5S over the SE is actually NOT the way to go. I'm not sure how many cell phone users don't value battery life. Assuming the battery life is as good as reported. On that, we shall see.
    Great battery life is a selling tool. In actual usage, it doesn't matter if you upgrade at least every two years. Most users do. If your plan is to keep using a device for longer than 2 years, then battery life becomes more an issue. But even then, one can replace a battery. It's just not worth worrying about. The average battery should last 2 years.
  2. #277  
    artwest50's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    I think I'll get a Gold IPhone SE 64GB after I try it out at either Verizon or Best Buy. I am getting sick and tired with holding on to Blackberry Z30. That phone is getting long at the tooth, and seeing some of the popular Apps leaving, and the general state of BB 10 OS leaves me with the feeling that maybe it's time to get back to something far more reliable! Did have an iPhone 4s back when it was out, so I'll get back to IOS for a lot more stability.
    Ledsteplin and libra89 like this.
  3. #278  
    tnt4's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I just really would like to have the SE as a second phone. Anyone know if the SIM cards would interchange with the 6s Plus? Lol
    Yes they will! All nano...
  4. #279  
    guirvanto's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    i would buy one
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  5. #280  
    fourthbase's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    25 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Absolutely not. It's a good move from Apple but I'm finding that my iPhone 6 is too small now, not the opposite. When I upgrade I'll be getting the (hopefully slightly larger) iPhone 7.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  6. #281  
    doctordwaynewilliams's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,130 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    It's a beautiful smartphone. I would definitely consider it if I didn't have an iPhone and I was on a budget.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  7. #282  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Funny to me that when there was only a 4" iphone everybody was happy as could be. It was the best thing ever. Now its not worth anything to most folks.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #283  

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    Funny to me that when there was only a 4" iphone everybody was happy as could be. It was the best thing ever. Now its not worth anything to most folks.
    There were many that wanted a larger screen. The demand grew as other platforms made big screen phones. Some jumped to Android for the bigger screens. Many of those have come back to iPhone.
    libra89 likes this.
  9. #284  
    Ellebarreihs's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Will certainly get the gold iPhoneSE. When i became a mom i switch to a 4.3 inch phone because i find it more convenient to use a small phone while carrying my baby. This special edition of iphone is very timely for my need. Im really going to have this when it's available in my country
    libra89 and Ledsteplin like this.
  10. #285  
    xanadome's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    I have been religiously upgrading the iPhone since the first incarnation in 2007. Being such a gadget freak I am, I always wanted the latest and greatest toy. 6 was the first time I paused and faltered. Counting this time, I have returned to the 5s size 3 times.
    Apple needed to compete with Androids, and I have no quarrel that they went bigger screens 2 generations ago. I get that. But I also felt that Apple sold their soul to the Android camp, and felt left out. Now Apple realized it and are coming back to take care of our needs. Wonderful.
    I use the phone mostly for communication purpose with occasional net surfing or Googling etc, but very little, if any, streaming, game or YouTube etc. For the most efficiency, I carry around a Blackberry Bold 9900 with the iPhone# forwarded to it. Bold is very efficient in checking email, text and occasional phone conversation with pickup/hangup buttons. For seeing attachments, documents, and everything else, iPhone takes care of it. But tith a very capable yet compact iPhone SE, I might finally be able to retire the Blackberry and "go single".

    I am never too far away from my laptop and iPad, and a very portable/pocketable mobile handset is all I need. I don't need no giant screen phone. I have an iPad Mini for that.
    Thank you Apple for not leaving us behind but picking us up again. iPhone SE is no cheapo. It's a very capable device with a bit smaller screen.

    The only thing I miss from 6/6s would be the typing with a bit wider keyboard. With the font size adjusted, I do not see any need or advantage for a larger screen.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #286  

    Default Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Quote Originally Posted by xanadome View Post
    I have been religiously upgrading the iPhone since the first incarnation in 2007. Being such a gadget freak I am, I always wanted the latest and greatest toy. 6 was the first time I paused and faltered. Counting this time, I have returned to the 5s size 3 times.
    Apple needed to compete with Androids, and I have no quarrel that they went bigger screens 2 generations ago. I get that. But I also felt that Apple sold their soul to the Android camp, and felt left out. Now Apple realized it and are coming back to take care of our needs. Wonderful.
    I use the phone mostly for communication purpose with occasional net surfing or Googling etc, but very little, if any, streaming, game or YouTube etc. For the most efficiency, I carry around a Blackberry Bold 9900 with the iPhone# forwarded to it. Bold is very efficient in checking email, text and occasional phone conversation with pickup/hangup buttons. For seeing attachments, documents, and everything else, iPhone takes care of it. But tith a very capable yet compact iPhone SE, I might finally be able to retire the Blackberry and "go single".

    I am never too far away from my laptop and iPad, and a very portable/pocketable mobile handset is all I need. I don't need no giant screen phone. I have an iPad Mini for that.
    Thank you Apple for not leaving us behind but picking us up again. iPhone SE is no cheapo. It's a very capable device with a bit smaller screen.

    The only thing I miss from 6/6s would be the typing with a bit wider keyboard. With the font size adjusted, I do not see any need or advantage for a larger screen.
    Apple may have underestimated the numbers who wanted the 4" screen. But they did still have the 5s. An updated 4" screen was overdue.
    libra89, xanadome and Lefty724 like this.
  12. #287  
    Lefty724's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Since coming back to the 5s, I was worried about typing on the smaller keyboard but iOS auto correct is awesome for me.

    I'm sure the typing and overall user experience is gonna be a lot better on the SE.
    Ledsteplin and libra89 like this.
  13. #288  
    sacechacon's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    I have the iPhone 6 too but this new iPhone is manageable with one hand. it is vere nice
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  14. #289  
    ldamac's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Heart says iPhone 6s Plus or wait for iPhone 7, head says iPhone SE.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  15. #290  
    shanghaichica's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,516 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellebarreihs View Post
    Will certainly get the gold iPhoneSE. When i became a mom i switch to a 4.3 inch phone because i find it more convenient to use a small phone while carrying my baby. This special edition of iphone is very timely for my need. Im really going to have this when it's available in my country
    I'm due in 1 months time. At the moment I can't see myself switching from my 6S plus but things might change after I have my baby. You've made an interesting point that I hadn't thought about.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  16. #291  
    napaceni's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

    Honestly, I wouldn't because I am used to the size of the iPhone 6. Now, when I play with the 4" iPhone display size it seems like a toy in my hand. I'd rather wait for the iPhone 7.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  17. #292  
    xanadome's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    I also like the light weight of the SE.
  18. #293  
    xanadome's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

    Quote Originally Posted by napaceni View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't because I am used to the size of the iPhone 6. Now, when I play with the 4" iPhone display size it seems like a toy in my hand. I'd rather wait for the iPhone 7.
    There is no question that the larger the screen size is, the better the visibility/legibility, and it's beautiful.
    But there is a segment of the market that is willing to trade it off with the handling for varieties of reasons, as long as the rest of the performance won't be compromised. 6s size was growing on me lately, as I thought there would be no successor to the 5s. Now that we can have the SE, I was willing to drop my 6s for the SE. I do not need an entertainment device :-)
    Screen size is really each to their own.
    libra89 and Ledsteplin like this.
  19. #294  
    tnt4's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    The SE compromises in the areas that are not important to me (and likely a large enough segment of the population to make it worthwhile), while maintaining the strengths of the 6S in the areas that are important to me (camera, battery life, easier size - not that the 6S is unmanageable).

    Beyond that it comes down to the "gimmicks". 3D touch is nice, and if you get used to using it while navigating your phone, I could see the lack of that being a deal killer. A better FFC is nice if you do a lot of selfies or Facetime all the time. I personally don't do any selfies or have always used the rear camera if I do take a pic of me and the kiddos, for example. And the camera will be more than good enough for the few times I use Facetime. The barometer is nice, but it's not like I'm climbing mountains in my exercises so that's definitely not a necessity.

    Other than that... I know the screen has less contrast than the 6S, but as I'm not interested in consuming media, that will be a complete non-issue, as I imagine it will be for most that are interested in this phone.

    Anyway, it's nice having choices that, in general, don't skimp on specs!
  20. #295  
    choushenza's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    i would purchase one if i had some money
    Ledsteplin and Lefty724 like this.
  21. #296  
    blackmagicwoman's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,551 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Same here
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  22. #297  
    pp_rhapsodos's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

    I dont think so :S the global market leans much more to phablets, I think.
    At least for me, it is better a big screen
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  23. #298  
    Optimus82's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    I'll be jumping to the iphone se. I dont like the 6 design at all. both looks and feel.

    I've been on the phablet craze since the orginal galaxy note all the way to super phablets like the sony xperia z ultra with a 6.4 inch screen.

    i miss true one handed operation especially when i have my hands full when out and about with my kids.
    libra89 and LCW like this.
  24. #299  
    Lefty724's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    Yes! I don't think I've ever taken a selfie and I'm married, so my wife handles about 99% of all the pics and videos lol. She'll just send them to me.

    What I need is a straight communication device that's simple and reliable. All I do is talk, text, email, and read on my phone....this is where the SE is going to kill or for me!

    When I'm home or on the road, I always have an iPad with me so again, it's perfect. Can't wait.
    xanadome, mumfoau and libra89 like this.
  25. #300  
    Kiwiadventure's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

    I can never go back in size from my 6s Plus. I was one a few years ago who did not want to move from the 4s size but big is 100% better.

    I own a 6s plus, iPad Pro 12.9" and a MacBook Air 13" which is the best range of products I have ever owned. Each have their good points but none can do without the other in my world.
    Last edited by Kiwiadventure; 03-29-2016 at 06:00 AM.
    Ledsteplin likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
  2. Liveblog: Apple's March iPhone SE and iPad event!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 11:34 AM
  3. iphone whatsapp group
    By efdubleo in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2016, 02:51 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2016, 11:23 AM
  5. Mobile Nations Weekly: S7, SE, W10M, and even BB10
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2016, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions