Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree463Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

I would gladly buy one, I can see that people aren't happy about going back to a smaller screen. I however, thought that the size of the Iphone 5S was practical and thought the iphone 6 was really pushing it. The new features are really cool and once i get money, i will definitely be getting the Iphone SE.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I wouldn't buy one, but it's easy to see why many people would. I'm phablets all the way. (iPhone 6S Plus and Nexus 6P).
    iMore Nanite

What's with ditching the 32GB model altogether... I feel 16GB just isn't enough while the extra 100 bucks might be too much for some people... Maybe if they introduced a $450 32 GB model.
    Ledsteplin and ladyc0524 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmadvilla97 View Post
    What's with ditching the 32GB model altogether... I feel 16GB just isn't enough while the extra 100 bucks might be too much for some people... Maybe if they introduced a $450 32 GB model.
    I see where you're coming from but now you can get 64 GB for the same price you historically would have paid for the 32 GB version.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

the specs are really good but the same old design for me is a NO!!!
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #256  

Quote Originally Posted by aksha1910 View Post
    the specs are really good but the same old design for me is a NO!!!
    Many, including myself, like that design.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

The rumours are true, Apple announced the latest addition to Iphone Family, The Iphone SE. It has A9 Processor with 12 Megapixel back camera as well as 2 GB of ram. Also this leads to better battery life. Also the price is 400$ for 16Gb and 500$ for 64 Gb. Inexpensive compared to the starting price of other phones.
    iMore Newbie

I will. Though which colour remains to be seen. The size of the screen doesnt bother me, as I dont browse that much with phones. Im attracted the price/processor/camera and reportedly/hopefully great battery life..................
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts

No. I got rid of 6 and decided to go 6S+. Can't do the small phones with my aging eyes.
    Spencerdl, pr1nce and ladyc0524 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Already purchased one and sold my 6s. I was torn between Space Gray and Rose Gold, but utimately went with gray to match my iPad and Watch.

I'll be rocking my old 5 for the next week. It's showing its age on 9.3.
    libra89, pr1nce and Ed Boland like this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #261  

Quote Originally Posted by xoFoxtail View Post
    Already purchased one and sold my 6s. I was torn between Space Gray and Rose Gold, but utimately went with gray to match my iPad and Watch.

I'll be rocking my old 5 for the next week. It's showing its age on 9.3.
    You got a new SE? But are using the 5?
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #262  

I just really would like to have the SE as a second phone. Anyone know if the SIM cards would interchange with the 6s Plus? Lol
    Ed Boland likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Although I'm in the market for a new phone, I don't think I could stay with a 4inch screen, I need something more substantial me thinks
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #264  

Quote Originally Posted by orannius View Post
    Although I'm in the market for a new phone, I don't think I could stay with a 4inch screen, I need something more substantial me thinks
    That's me. I like big screen. My eyes like it. The SE looks pretty nifty though!
    iMore Nanite

Watched many videos of comparing 5s to 6s and actually there is almost no difference between them in performance. A bit better camera in case of capturing in low light (day photos are nearly the same) - yes, but ... For me, personally, there is no sence in upgrade your 5s to se or at all buy se. If it has had a new design (like 6 models) so it could be a case, but it's in the same old design. So it's better to buy 5s for low price now if you like 4' size and I think for majority of people it'll be enough because difference in performance between a7 and a9 is insignificant
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #266  

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Danilovich View Post
    Watched many videos of comparing 5s to 6s and actually there is almost no difference between them in performance. A bit better camera in case of capturing in low light (day photos are nearly the same) - yes, but ... For me, personally, there is no sence in upgrade your 5s to se or at all buy se. If it has had a new design (like 6 models) so it could be a case, but it's in the same old design. So it's better to buy 5s for low price now if you like 4' size and I think for majority of people it'll be enough because difference in performance between a7 and a9 is insignificant
    But you can't get the 5s in 64 gb. And the SE is faster and smoother, along with the other new features.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Will 3D touch be available for the iPads as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hier_otaku07 View Post
    Will 3D touch be available for the iPads as well?
    Nope. Not yet, anyway.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Yes. I haven't yet worked out how I'm going to carry a larger phone. Still using a 4S which is still great. When carrying it, I can access my 4S with both hands, and use it one handed securely. A larger phone will need to be in my pocket, which means access by only one hand, and uncomfortable one handed use. However, I'll be grateful if someone can design 5.5in screen for one handed use in the same size package as the SE.
    Ledsteplin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by delta4s View Post
    However, I'll be grateful if someone can design 5.5in screen for one handed use in the same size package as the SE.
    That's not mathematically possible.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I totally would. Its a no brainer for me because I would be upgrading from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone SE. Its the perfect phone for me because its the size of the 5s and it packs almost all the features of an iPhone 6s. Couldnt be happier with Apple for this, tbh.
    Ledsteplin, pr1nce and libra89 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I think the SE is a great 'backup or busy day' phone. OK price for Apple, good specs, good battery (although a quick charge option would be nice). I prefer larger phone in general. I use my phone for messaging, music, reading, occasional work and for podcasts (video more than audio). I work in an office setting so having a big phone isn't generally an issue.

Although I do have both small and large tablets, I often read books on my phone, even at home. However, sometimes a big phone is more difficult (i,e. at a baseball game or a work event with lots of other things to carry). Having a phone that fits more easily into a pocket, is less obtrusive and keeps running longer is definitely a plus at times.
    libra89 and Ed Boland like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    4,576 Global Posts

I'm sticking with my iPhone 6S Plus (the iPhone Pro as I call it lol)

The GF however is telling me that she wants this new SE. She's ready for an upgrade from her aging 5S. I told her she should go with the 6S or 6S Plus, but she's insistent on the 4" size thing.

Tell me, this new SE phone does not have 3D Touch as I understand it.. Is that correct? That might be something that steers her away from it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Danilovich View Post
    -Well, if you value battery life then buying the 5S over the SE is actually NOT the way to go. I'm not sure how many cell phone users don't value battery life. Assuming the battery life is as good as reported. On that, we shall see.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Boland View Post
    I'm sticking with my iPhone 6S Plus (the iPhone Pro as I call it lol)

The GF however is telling me that she wants this new SE. She's ready for an upgrade from her aging 5S. I told her she should go with the 6S or 6S Plus, but she's insistent on the 4" size thing.

Tell me, this new SE phone does not have 3D Touch as I understand it.. Is that correct? That might be something that steers her away from it.
    -You are correct. The SE does NOT have 3D Touch. It's something that I've tried on friends' 6S and 6S Plus' and find sort of novelty-ish. I don't think I'd use it and won't miss it. My friends rarely use it as well, but could see how some would value having that caveat in their phone.
    kataran likes this.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast