WWDC expectations?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What do you expect to see during the keynote? Hardware announcement? No hardware announcement? Maybe a mini iPhone? iOS 5 is a given but what do you expect out that? Etc... Anything goes, lets hear it.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not expecting new hardware, sadly :( I hold by my prediction that September, with the new iPod lineup, will be the debut of the 5th gen iPhone.

I predict we'll see iOS5 with new notifications (which hopefully includes the possibility to use our own text tones), and possibly with more to come on that re: the MobileNotifier dev's hire, iCloud, and Lion (which I bet we have by the end of the month... at least I hope :D).

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to go out on a limb here either. I'm not really expecting any hardware announcements; I think iCloud is going to be the main focus of that.

Excited about iOS 5 and the new notifications, can't wait to see how well they will be improved! This is the first WWDC that I'll be paying attention to.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope so, I have an upgrade I'm ready to use.

The only reason people are saying there won't be an iPhone today is because one person said so. One person said the rapture was gonna happen, but because people believed him, more got on the bandwagon. Same with iPhone rumors. One person hypes it, and others preach it as the gospel. I could be wrong, but I'll take the chance. There has been an iPhone at WWDC since 2007 when they first announced the original iPhone. I have no reason to believe anything else. Apple is very secretive, we won't know anything for sure until later today. If you ask the nay-sayers why there won't be an iPhone at WWDC this year, I bet they'll say "well, the white iPhone came out. They wouldn't do that to their customers." Apple is a good company, but they are still a business.

Think back to the first iPhone. When it came out it was very expensive. So they discounted it, and screwed the early adopters. They then offered some credit, but still. I don't think there is a valid argument for the lack of an iPhone. As previously stated I could be wrong, but I'd rather go by my own thoughts then someone else's.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
im hoping for new notifications similar to mobile notifer, thanks peter hajas! and hoping ios 5 will work on iphone 3gs since no new iphone will be released :(

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
im hoping for new notifications similar to mobile notifer, thanks peter hajas! and hoping ios 5 will work on iphone 3gs since no new iphone will be released :(

Did Apple confirm there will be no new iPhone?

I hope so, I have an upgrade I'm ready to use.

The only reason people are saying there won't be an iPhone today is because one person said so. One person said the rapture was gonna happen, but because people believed him, more got on the bandwagon. Same with iPhone rumors. One person hypes it, and others preach it as the gospel. I could be wrong, but I'll take the chance. There has been an iPhone at WWDC since 2007 when they first announced the original iPhone. I have no reason to believe anything else. Apple is very secretive, we won't know anything for sure until later today. If you ask the nay-sayers why there won't be an iPhone at WWDC this year, I bet they'll say "well, the white iPhone came out. They wouldn't do that to their customers." Apple is a good company, but they are still a business.

Think back to the first iPhone. When it came out it was very expensive. So they discounted it, and screwed the early adopters. They then offered some credit, but still. I don't think there is a valid argument for the lack of an iPhone. As previously stated I could be wrong, but I'd rather go by my own thoughts then someone else's.

Expect the white iPhone iis an iPhone 4. Last years model.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
they didnt confirm it, but they didnt say there was one. in the PR that they sent out last week about Mac OS X Lion, iCloud, and iOS 5

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If they optimize the code in iOS 5 we may see a nice speed bump from our iPhones just in software performance alone. I am wondering if that will be apples logic vs releasing new hardware this month.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I?m reaching, but I wouldn?t mind new hardware (iPhone 5, or iPhone 4S,). I?ve gotten use to every June getting a new iPhone. I have always passed down my iPhone to my sister who has now come to expect getting my iPhone every June. Hopefully just because they didn?t tell us there will be a new iPhone released doesn?t mean they wont release one. Maybe they didn?t say anything because they finally wanted to surprise us vs. always having a leak model shown before WWDC . Here?s to hoping for a new iPhone. I would also like to see better notifications, and I can?t wait to see iOS5.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I HIGHLY doubt new hardware, and one person didn't say anything, it's just common sense because they wouldn't release a new white iPhone right before the release of the iPhone 5. The probable purpose of the white iPhone is to hold us over till the iPhone 5... Theories, yes, but it's the common conception and it makes sense, but I'll be really surprised I'd they announce an iPhone 5. I'm just looking forward to iOS 5 and curious about all the iCloud Hubbub!

306Designs

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Overall, WWDC was about on par with my expectations - didn't wow me but didn't disappoint either. As said, not have widgets puts the iPhone behind Android a bit in that respect. The BBM killer will do them good however and the hype from WWDC will carry nicely to the summer when they will announce the iPhone 5 or 4gs

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner