Does anyone think it matters where you buy iPhone 4?

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting ready to go out and buy a new white iPhone. Does it matter if I get it from Best Buy, the Apple Store, or ATT? ANy opinions

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
id buy it from apple store, since if anything goes wrong you have to take it to the apple store to get it fixed. no one else can/will fix it. or you could go to AT&T/Verizon and buy it they will tell you where the closest apple store is and that they cant fix it for you.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine at Verizon because it was closest haha. But they also put on my screen protector and had bundles of accessories you could get at a big discount which the Apple Store won't necessarily have. I dunno if AT&T will have it, but they might!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I buy mine at Apple because at least here in NV, Apple only charges sales tax on the contract price. Att and Best Buy charges me tax on retail. Not sure if Apple charges tax differently in other states.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I buy mine at Apple because at least here in NV, Apple only charges sales tax on the contract price. Att and Best Buy charges me tax on retail. Not sure if Apple charges tax differently in other states.

The same is true in Arizona...

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
... I don't even know what a retail tax is LOL. We don't have that in Indiana I don't think haha. I definitely just got charged sales tax.

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Which ever one is closer to you. I've bought from AT&T, Best Buy, and the Apple Store. All being the same I'd go with the Apple Store.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I prefer going to the Apple Store, but it's usually a "zoo" in that place.

+1 on the Apple Store *ALWAYS* being a zoo. We've bought all of our phones at one of the local Best Buy stores. ALWAYS friendly, ALWAYS helpful, they do free installs on screen protectors, let us try out any case in stock, etc. etc. YMMV

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I prefer going to the Apple Store, but it's usually a "zoo" in that place.
I had to ask if there was a sale going on that I didn't know about. That was my first time at the Apple store here in Nashville. A Zoo! Exactly. had my 3 kids with me and got ran down by some "Blue Hairs" trying to get in! WOW!! Next time i will be combat ready.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from Verizon, but without insurance. I then just purchased the Apple Care separately, since I knew I'd have to deal with Apple anyway (as far as repairs, trouble, etc).

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Anywhere

Anywhere that looks legit with the cheapest prices would be my first choice. I'm sure that all places are the same with a set price of $199 w/ 2 year contract, so that just makes it harder to choose. Whichever store is closer to you would be the best.

Msvoluptous#IM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T for me!

I bought mines from AT&T and they gave me 50% off of my Otterbox White Defender case and I also bought the Apple Care too. We have a Apple Store here so I can just make an appt at the Apple Genius Bar if I want them to help me explore more of my White Iphone :D Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2