Iphone 4 alarm not working. Because its 1 January...

TrAJik#IM

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I just woke up, and NOT because my iphone 4 alarm had.

The alarm that I had set for this morning had not gone off. I quickly added one for a minute ahead and it too did not ring.

This is the standard alarm app. None of the settings I have successfully used for ages have changed.

I can only guess at 2 causes;
1) Because its the 1st of January, and iphone has had problems with daylight savings before, maybe this is related. I am in Australia so would be one of the first waking up in the new year. I see many people sleeping in today (that otherwise did not want to)

2)I have the habit of not deleting an alarm. So I had 61 alarms in the list. I wonder if going over 60(?) sends the iphone into a spin.

I depend on my iphone to wake me, as a primary alarm. This is a serious knock to my confidence in it. Will be trying a few things.

As the rest of the world wakes on January, 1 , 2011 we'll see if I am the only one with this problem.

Happy new year everyone! :)

cyclonetrap

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Same...

Well .. first of all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone... I too noticed the same problem in the morning. The alarm didn't go off and setting new alarms didn't either.

Problem - iPhone 4 (4.2.1)

johnno777

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Alarm not working

What a nightmare. I'm a firefighter and had to get up for work this morning (New Years Day) and my alarm didn't go off. Luckily my wife just happened to wake up 50 mins after my alarm should've and woke me. I've since tried my wife's iPhone 3 and her alarm doesn't work either. This is ridiculous. We haven't had these phones long but this is a serious issue. Imagine if someone lost their job because of this. Would apple come to the party to assist - I'm tipping not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just tried mine out of curiosity...epic fail. Tried 5 different alarms, none of them signaled. Even tried restarting my phone, and nothing. I'd say this is a pretty big deal...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Recurring alarms DO function...i set 4 of them to see if it would work and, sure enough, the alarm went off as planned. So atleast there is a temporary fix, just make all of your alarms recurring.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If someone gets fired for being late for work because of this. Well the obviously they have been late a few times before. Apple shouldnt have to do anything about it honestly. If you think apple should do something about it then do you think that the electric company should give you a job because you got fired because the power went out?

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Relying solely on a phone to be your alarm clock for essentials like getting to work is dangerous. One should always have a back-up if one doesn't wake on their own in time to get to work, etc.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I have an I phone 4 and I had two different alarms that were set to go off this morning. Of course they didn't. My boyfriend has a 3G and his did go off. I also noticed that I had a missed phone call that I never received.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
My wife and I both had alarms set for 5:00am to catch a flight. Neither went off. They were single alarms. I nearly set my recurring to the time I needed. Luckily, for some reason, I woke up at 5:03am, which is generally highly unlikely.

I have a Iphone 4 and she has a 3Gs. This is the first time that it's ever failed for me. I fixed the Daylight Savings time problem before it happened to me.

Luckily, the recurring ones work and that's generally what I use if I'm not using Sleep Cycle as an alarm

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have tried it a couple of times just to see if it would work for me and it doesn't. I have a iPhone 4- I'm very happy I found out about the problem on here rather than being late somewhere.

muckdog

Dec 15, 2010
themoneygoround.com
me too

funny, i had never ever used the alarm clock until today. i needed a 3:45 reminder, so I figured out how to set it, and it never went off!

I noticed about 3:47 so it didn't hurt. but still. bad first experience.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Relying solely on a phone to be your alarm clock for essentials like getting to work is dangerous. One should always have a back-up if one doesn't wake on their own in time to get to work, etc.

If someone gets fired for being late for work because of this. Well the obviously they have been late a few times before. Apple shouldnt have to do anything about it honestly. If you think apple should do something about it then do you think that the electric company should give you a job because you got fired because the power went out?

Agreed on both accounts. Hopefully you are charging the phone too. If your line is important (like the firefighter above, or someone on engadget said Air Traffic controller then you should really invest in an normal alarm)

I don't get why people relly on the phone to wake them up. If you want to wake up to your music, they have alarm clocks that have ipod/iPhone docks in them. Charge them over night and wake up to your music.

Seems the clock issue happend once before. Tells you something. The alarm feature needs work.

jpsherlock

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Disgraceful

Missed train, missed flight. How will Apple demonstrate their responsibility? No email support for iPhone users. (I've had mine less than a week)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Redundant systems. I've always set two alarms. I use my iPhone as primary, but have a traditional alarm clock as my backup. Of course, my Centro still works great for that!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Missed train, missed flight. How will Apple demonstrate their responsibility? No email support for iPhone users. (I've had mine less than a week)

What do you want them to do? They've never done email support. Do you want them to call you and say sorry? Waaah.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Apple doesn't have responsibility in this. If a traditional alarm broke and stopped working and you slept in and were late for whatever or missed whatever im willing to bet you guys wouldn't be whining and crying about that like you are about this. Or like i said before, the power goes out are you gonna start asking how the electric company is gonna demonstrate their responsibility for not being perfect at all times?

Christ you people just expect everything to work perfectly at all times don't you? Something has an issue, and your life just becomes soo hard doesn't it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711