New iPhone 4 design?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I traded in my first iPhone 4 due to a serious issue with the antenna, I was hardly able to place a call, which made me mad because my friend has a i4 and doesn't have the issue at all. Anywhoo, I want another one after having gone back to my 3GS. I really miss all the features of the i4. I was going to get anohter one within the next week or so until I read this:

Click

So should I wait? What do you current i4 owners think of this?

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I traded in my first iPhone 4 due to a serious issue with the antenna, I was hardly able to place a call, which made me mad because my friend has a i4 and doesn't have the issue at all. Anywhoo, I want another one after having gone back to my 3GS. I really miss all the features of the i4. I was going to get anohter one within the next week or so until I read this:

Click

So should I wait? What do you current i4 owners think of this?

I think if they do something like this they should be willing to find a way to replace all of our original ones that have this issue...

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That's why I'm questioning the validity of this rumor. Usually BGR is pretty accurate, but I can't imagine apple making a fix or new design because how would they handle the backlash from early adopters?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
That's why I'm questioning the validity of this rumor. Usually BGR is pretty accurate, but I can't imagine apple making a fix or new design because how would they handle the backlash from early adopters?

They will handle it by saying we gave you free cases to resolve the issue. If you didn't find that acceptable you should have returned the device. That is something they could easily say. I think that's lame but at the same time I have a clear Belkin case and antenna issue or not I would still have a case to protect the phone from scratches so I guess I don't really mind.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
They will handle it by saying we gave you free cases to resolve the issue. If you didn't find that acceptable you should have returned the device. That is something they could easily say. I think that's lame but at the same time I have a clear Belkin case and antenna issue or not I would still have a case to protect the phone from scratches so I guess I don't really mind.

See this is where I'm conflicted. I know many people with the i4 that don't have the antenna problem, and after going back to the 3GS I really miss my i4. But I think I would die if apple came out with a updated model shortly after I bought one.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
See this is where I'm conflicted. I know many people with the i4 that don't have the antenna problem, and after going back to the 3GS I really miss my i4. But I think I would die if apple came out with a updated model shortly after I bought one.

I'm willing to bet if they did come out with a "fixed" version if your current phone had issues they would replace it. Apple doesn't really screw people over like that (from what I've seen/heard) for the most part.

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com

pretty much, otherwise why would they stop the free cases on the 30th? why push back the white? they already released the black and its not like they could totally recall allllllllll the black phones they've sold

so they stopped the production of the white, citing the color couldn't be gotten down right (which is probably initially true but i doubt it takes THIS long) and decide to work on fixing the antenna so the next wave of black phones and the white phones will be fine....

i bet they will and the white will be shortly released after if not on the same day.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
pretty much, otherwise why would they stop the free cases on the 30th? why push back the white? they already released the black and its not like they could totally recall allllllllll the black phones they've sold

so they stopped the production of the white, citing the color couldn't be gotten down right (which is probably initially true but i doubt it takes THIS long) and decide to work on fixing the antenna so the next wave of black phones and the white phones will be fine....

i bet they will and the white will be shortly released after if not on the same day.

damn dude that makes perfect sense as to why the white still hasnt surfaced! wow never thought of that!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess no one here understands how difficult it is to coat stainless steel with a layer thick enough to prevent the conductivity of a human. That's why the reported scotch tape fix doesn't work. Too thin. Anyone who believes scotch tape works probably buys extenze. Anyways, this iPhone 4 was in development for 18 months and a simple fix isn't designed in less than three months, which is how long it's been on sale.

Who knows why the white iPhone is delayed. I am guessing it's because it's absolutely hideous. As for the original posters problem, don't hold it that way.

Last edited:

NinjaBreadMan

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
...Anyways, this iPhone 4 was in development for 18 months and a simple fix isn't designed in less than three months, which is how long it's been on sale...

I couldn't imagine, with the resources that Apple has, that three months is out of the question to redesign a single component on the iPhone 4. That's even going by launch date, as some have said that Apple knew about this prior to launch (do we REALLY know???). IMHO, the testing and manufacturing (for the entire product) is what takes the most time, once you come up with a final product design.

That said, how big of a grain of salt are you guys taking this news post with?

Witchking

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I too think that this is just a rumor. By releasing a 'fixed' antenna phone, Apple would be admitting that the iPhone 4 is faulty. This would allow every iPhone 4 owner to be able to return it for the new one.

Not going to happen

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who believes scotch tape works probably buys extenze. Anyways, this iPhone 4 was in development for 18 months and a simple fix isn't designed in less than three months, which is how long it's been on sale.

LOLOLOL! And very good point with regard to the 18 month development. I personally don't have any issues with mine, case or not, so I wouldn't be compelled to replace it IF they did release an updated version.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Of course this is pure speculation, but I think if Apple were to redesign the phone, they'd lose millions of dollars in profit. I think a redesign would be very un-Apple like...I think the bumper issue was it folks. Look for a better antenna design come iPhone 5 or whatever they'll call it.

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
According to articles posted, the white iPhone is delayed because of problems in the fabrication process with the white pieces. I don't know what that means, it was just in a few blurbs I've seen on this site and others.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you read the article BGR links to on MacRumors, the initial rumor comes from a high level exec at a CARRIER. Carriers say just about anything to sell a phone or down play problems devices might have. I say this is bogus, but who knows what Apple might do come end of September.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711