TiPb challenge: Show off your Folders!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
So you've got iOS 4 now, and you've got Folders. Well, we want to see 'em!

Post a screen shot of your best Folder set up and tell us why it's the best.

How are you using them? How are you organizing them? Are you putting any in the dock? Are you using them to help get things done or just better keep track of your fun?

What's in your Folders?

safesolvent

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
i for one, would love to see YOUR folder setup!

tho im guessing as someone who probably tests & reinstalls often, you stick to the default?

//curious

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
*Not an actor*

Thanks to the Folders feature in iOS4, I took the trash out back.

ef189709.jpg

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I also took the trash out the back. It's all in a folder titled "Useless $h1t." Love it.

Everything else is now nicely organized, with only a few things on page 2 that don't fit in any of the folders.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
*Also not an actor*

"Tanks ta dat new foldahs feetcher in ios4, me and da udder mobsters are more organized an efficient".

74db1281.jpg

Last edited:

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
76c8c535.jpg

here's mine! went from 5 plus pages to almost 2. second page has one folder with games i dont usually play, and the "trash" lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
me too me too

I'm so in on this tomorrow, it will be fun to see how many people have similar setups or folder names. Alli you're missing a t in your security folder :p

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Still working on the screens. Rather that trying to come up with some convoluted way of fitting everything onto one screen, I am keeping with the idea that each screen has it's use.

My "Games" screen, for example, has most of the apps sorted by Genre, with the games I play the most on the screen itself, not in a folder.

I have one folder in the dock as well for quick use apps that I don't want taking up too much space BUT that I do want access to at any screen.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Folder'd up

When I got my iPad I cleaned up my phone so I only had 3 homescreens. So I've now gotten it down to 1 using folders.

img0452.png

I put all the stock icons except for the high use ones ie. phone, Safari, Settings in a folder called "Apple" then I put all my other apps into appropriate folders

Productivity- All my most used and organizational apps
Notes- All my text editing related apps
Language Tools- All my language lesson apps
Twitter- All my twitter related apps
Games- All my gaming apps
Mobile Me Tools- All Mobile Me associated apps
Information- All my information type apps ie. Wikipanion, yellowpages, etc.

the loose apps are the ones that didn't fit into a category or I would only have 1 icon in a folder which is pretty pointless and ugly.

aegreen

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Upgrading to an iPhone 4, but this is how I have my 3G set up in the meantime (hence the lack of cool wallpaper):

Kept the default apps I think I use the most out, The Bible app for obvious reasons, and SoundHound because I have grabbed many a song in places with it, and tend to need it on the fly. Folders are pretty straightforward; I combined Reference and Productivity apps because their uses to me somewhat overlap.

All of my games are on the second page, to lessen the temptation to waste time playing them. The Vuvuzela app is out on its own because I know its novelty will wear off as soon as the World Cup ends.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Here's the setup on my 3GS. I wanted to keep the main Home screen as stock as possible (just cuz I like it like that :p) but then I have another screen w/all my folders. So far I like the folders better than using Categories when JBroken.

photo1.png

photo2.png

photo3.png

From seven pages of apps & games down to two! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox