Outlook iOS issues

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For the past week or two, Outlook for iOS has been awful. Not receiving push notifications (GMail accounts), sometimes I'll see a notification while I'm using the phone but the email won't show up, etc.

Uninstall and reinstall doesn't fix it, nor does a hard reset. Anyone else seeing weird glitches with Outlook lately?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the Outlook app, I use Exchange in the native mail app. Hopefully someone with some experience with this app will chime in soon.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Outlook for iOS app was my go-to email app before switching to something else. Having said that, I don't recall experiencing what you've described while I was using it and therefore I'm not sure if Microsoft is having issues on their end or not. I'm going to assume the uninstalling and reinstalling you mentioned actually means you've deleted and reconfigured the account on your device. If so, try resetting the "network settings".

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
http://downdetector.com/status/outlook/news/108879-problems-at-outlook-4

Disclaimer: I cannot determine the accuracy of the reporting.

That seems more to do with outlook.com and not the app (well, unless you were trying to access Outlook email).

Looking at App Store reviews, it appears it's a common issue with some of the latest updates. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. The GMail app is lacklustre on iOS and that appears to be the only way to get push emails on my non-Apps for Business GMail account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That seems more to do with outlook.com and not the app (well, unless you were trying to access Outlook email).

Looking at App Store reviews, it appears it's a common issue with some of the latest updates. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. The GMail app is lacklustre on iOS and that appears to be the only way to get push emails on my non-Apps for Business GMail account.

If there were problems with the service then it would more or less affect what any app accessing the service could get, in my opinion. Anyway, it's been a while since I've used the Gmail for iOS app, but you're right about it appearing to be the only way to get your Gmail pushed to your device unless you forward that email to your iCloud account, if applicable.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just started using the Outlook iOS app this week and was having issues receiving notifications and not being able to edit calendar events. I finally deleted the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox