What's the best app you've ever paid for?

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
What do you consider the best iPhone app you've ever paid for? It can be a 99 cent app or an $80 password manager. Let me know which app and why it's the best!

Last edited:

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've paid for 2 apps. Plex and DocsToGo. Given I use them both on a daily basis I am more than happy with both purchases

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've paid for quite a bit of apps but if I really had to narrow it down to just one I think I would have to say Tweetbot. I know I could just use normal twitter app but I really enjoy the UI/UX on Tweetbot.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If I had to really narrow it down to one I think I would choose Tweetbot. I really enjoy the UI/UX of the app.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The Photographer's Ephemeris. I use it all the time to locate the angle of sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and moonset at various locations.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Gosh! Do I have to narrow it down to two? :rotfl:

Ok, because I love birding, I'd have to say Peterson Field Guide's Birds Of North America!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The Japanese/English dictionary I have used for years, Midori. Life saver that thing has been. I also paid for Tapatalk back when it wasn't free, but I don't use it so much these days.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Are Apps allowed to be games we have downloaded?
in which case it would be "Cut the Rope - By ZeptoLab" - $1.99

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cut-the-rope/id1024505111?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cut-the-rope/id1024505111?mt=8[/URL]

I haven't really paid for any social media app or Password keeper thing. Mostly games.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I could go with the obvious 2 of Tweetbot and 1Password, both get used daily, but for the sake of saying something different I'm going to say Yoga Studio by Gaiam. I'm a runner (a slow one but still a runner) and since I've started following the routines in this app my running has improved markedly.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't really have many paid apps. The two I use the most of all and have paid for on numerous platforms would be these two.

1Password (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, macOS, and Windows)

Tapatalk (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry)

I use them all the time and I can use them on any and all platforms.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Single best is hard to pinpoint because the phone is as much s tool for personal interests as it is for work.

Dark Sky and LastPass Premium are up there. Time Master, Gaia GPS. My New York Times and Wall St Journal subscriptions.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I can't narrow it down. I pay for many apps because I like to support developers so they can continue to develop awesome apps for all of us.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Pixter Document and Image Scanner, but is not my favorite app but I would be lost without it at work! It saves me a lot of typing on long legal descriptions. It's the main reason I'm not upgrading to the iPhone 7 plus. I wouldn't be able to downgrade this app to the version that works... Latest version is broken

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
1Password for sure. Next would be Superimpose, Camera+, and ProCamera +HDR.

I want to use 1Password, but there's always one thing that keeps me from doing it. I've tried the trial a couple of times and I always run into the same thing. Some fields don't allow me to use 1Password as input, and there is no way I will remember my passwords generated with it. For how popular the service is, there must be a way to use it every single time, right? Please tell me what I'm missing, I really do want to use it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to use 1Password, but there's always one thing that keeps me from doing it. I've tried the trial a couple of times and I always run into the same thing. Some fields don't allow me to use 1Password as input, and there is no way I will remember my passwords generated with it. For how popular the service is, there must be a way to use it every single time, right? Please tell me what I'm missing, I really do want to use it.

Are you referring to fields within web pages? If so, use the iCloud Keychain.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711