Pandora app

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with the Pandora app today? My wife has been using it fine until today. It continuously crashes, but if you double press the home button it will be in the fast app switcher. If you tap it from there it locks up and won't unfreeze for a minute or 2. She has already did a hard reset, deleted and installed the app again, etc. All other apps are working fine so I don't believe it is iOS or the phone itself, which is a 7+ by the way. She is on the latest version of the app as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While reading the App Store reviews, several people have complained of the app being unstable and crashing with the recent update. If that is indeed the problem then more than likely a fix is forthcoming.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It's just weird because it's been working perfectly normal for her until today and looking at the version history it was last updated on 11/8.

watfam4

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Never had an issue with the app. Yesterday it started freezing on the startup screen, and would just shutdown after several seconds. The only way I've been able to get Pandora to work after a frozen screen is to remove and reinstall the app (pain). Anyway, tagging along to see if anyone is able to resolve.

Thx

watfam4

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Here's the reply I got from Pandora:

Hi there,

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, your stations and profile won’t be affected):

Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start “shaking.” Then tap the tiny “x” that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on the device.

Please note the following: Downloading any Application on your devices requires an iTunes Store account. It’s possible you set up this iTunes account with a different email and password than your Pandora account.

Additionally, we do not support Pandora on jailbroken, or unlocked phones, or any unofficial iOS releases. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and won’t cause any problems with functions of the device.

Finally, please be aware that you will need to be running iOS 9 or higher to be able to reinstall the latest version of Pandora from the App Store.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Best,
John | Pandora
Listener Advocate
PANDORA? internet radio​

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did this with my wife's phone 3 times and it still freezes up and locks up the phone for a about 30 seconds.