Apple News App

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Where is the Apple News app? Not for news about Apple, but for news in general? I remember seeing it once upon a time, probably when my iPhone 6 updated to iOS 9. I'm now on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 10 and I'd like to give it another try but I cannot find it. Not on my phone and not in the app store.

I am in the US with a US localized phone from Verizon.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The Apple News app is on my phone. Is it in a folder? I just went to the App Store and the Apple News app is there.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If it's not on your phone...you deleted it and it will be in the App Store to re-download. If it's not in the App Store, from your home page, pull down and enter news in the search bar.

025fe213da32d2a56fb3a28f82eafaae.png

21a2b5c7e693cfc517981a52cdd51f2a.png

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It is not there. I have looked, browsed and searched. It is not there. Not on the phone and not in the store.

I even opened a Store search for Pages, opened that and tapped on the developer name (Apple) to shiw me all apps from the same developer. And it's not there.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If I delete it, it no longer shows up in settings, so you should be able to activate it in the App Store. Search for news and it should be there, if it isn't you might try restoring your phone.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
If I delete it, it no longer shows up in settings, so you should be able to activate it in the App Store. Search for news and it should be there, if it isn't you might try restoring your phone.

This is a brand new phone, I received it on Friday.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I understand that, I'm saying it comes stock with the software, it's either there or it's in the App Store, if it isn't either....you might need to restore your phone.

I actually re-downloaded it for this thread, because I deleted it, then deleted it again and it is again available in the App Store for me.

So you are either doing something wrong or your phone is, if it's your phone then a restore may be in order, occasionally the software doesn't flash correctly and it needs a restore out of the box.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have even checked my Language And Region settings, it already had the correct Region (United States) and I changed the Language from "English" to "English US" and rebooted, still cannot locate the app on the device or in the App Store.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Check your restrictions see if there is an issue there, also maybe try signing out and back in to iTunes.

Settings>General>Restrictions

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Where is the Apple News app? Not for news about Apple, but for news in general? I remember seeing it once upon a time, probably when my iPhone 6 updated to iOS 9. I'm now on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 10 and I'd like to give it another try but I cannot find it. Not on my phone and not in the app store.

I am in the US with a US localized phone from Verizon.

Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select either "Reset All Settings" or "Reset Homescreen Layout" if you're certain you haven't deleted the native News app from your device.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Did the restore, still not there. Also, I checked the App Store via iTunes on my desktop, to eliminate the phone (or iPad, same thing, on iOS 9) being the issue. Not showing in the App Store from the desktop either.

It's GONE. Now I have the added joy of having to call my bank to once again authorize the addition of my debit card to Apple Pay. Twice now in three days.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Did the restore, still not there. Also, I checked the App Store via iTunes on my desktop, to eliminate the phone (or iPad, same thing, on iOS 9) being the issue. Not showing in the App Store from the desktop either.

It's GONE. Now I have the added joy of having to call my bank to once again authorize the addition of my debit card to Apple Pay. Twice now in three days.

Did you check your restrictions in settings to see if the News app is disabled, as recommended by Shutter a few posts up? On a whim, I just disabled it on my 6s plus to see what would happened. When I did, it disappeared from the phone and App Store exactly how you describe your situation.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you check your restrictions in settings to see if the News app is disabled, as recommended by Shutter a few posts up?
Just saw that post now. For some reason, I never received a notice of his, or several other, responses since this after noon. Got yours, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2