"Friend request"-icon disappeared from Facebook front page!-img_0150.jpg

So, that tiny friend-icon at the bottom of the app has disappeared. I only receive, and see, requests under the "notification" icon on the far right. This also applies to any other platform i use the Facebook app on, such as Android.

On a computer or websites, everything is normal.

Top and bottom of the attached image shows where friends requests are seen and approved.

Any clue, at all, what's going on here?
    09-30-2016 06:13 PM
    I also experience the same issue now. The friend request icon suddenly disappear in my fb app on iphone then all of the facebook friend request, accept and suggest transfer inside the notification icon. What will I do to get back the icon to normal (at the bottom part beside the news feed and messenger icon)
    11-11-2016 10:20 PM
    If you Uninstall your facebook app and then install it again, the "Friend Request" icon will be displayed again. It works for me!
    11-26-2016 09:48 AM
    Har du fikset det? Sliter med det samme problemet selv nå, bare med messenger-ikonet...
    Via Google Translate: "Have you fixed it? Struggling with the same problem even now, only with messenger icon ..."

AlexH98, welcome to iMore. If you are able to post in English, that would likely help in people providing assistance.
    02-07-2017 08:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0150.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	112508

So, that tiny friend-icon at the bottom of the app has disappeared. I only receive, and see, requests under the "notification" icon on the far right. This also applies to any other platform i use the Facebook app on, such as Android.

Top and bottom of the attached image shows where friends requests are seen and approved.

The bottom of my Facebook has an icon for Live Videos and Market Place. I'm guessing there are options to maybe change what's along the bottom.
    02-07-2017 09:14 PM
    Hello.... I have the same problem but on my iPhone... My ipad is doing well.

When somebody else logs in their account on my phone, they get to see the friend request icon.... But when I log back in on my phone, it disappears.
    We do it also the other way... I log in on their phone, and I don't see the friend request icon on my account. :-(

I was wondering if you got a solution for this?

Thanks !

Erick
    02-18-2017 05:35 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0150.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	112508

04-08-2017 04:06 PM
    Facebook removed friend request from the newsfeed and Timeline. The only place I see it is in menu> Friends.
    04-09-2017 11:29 AM
    Hello.... I have the same problem but on my iPhone... My ipad is doing well.

When somebody else logs in their account on my phone, they get to see the friend request icon.... But when I log back in on my phone, it disappears.
    We do it also the other way... I log in on their phone, and I don't see the friend request icon on my account. :-(

I was wondering if you got a solution for this?

Thanks !

Erick
    You may have a newer version than your Friends. They don't change everyone's at the same time. For example, my Wife's Facebook showed the profile photo in the middle a few weeks before mine did.
    04-09-2017 11:32 AM