re: Camera++ manual camera + RAW

Camera++ v3.0.0 has been released!

In this release:
-------------------------------
- UI adjustments
- Added support for custom capture modes
- Added support for series of images in Photo and Raw capture modes
- Added support for wide/tele lens switch on iPhone 7 Plus device
- Added option to auto lock focus and exposure during time-lapse and image series in Photo and Raw capture modes (use global settings to adjust these settings)
- Restored persistent settings (last used capture mode and/or last used capture settings). Use the global settings to activate them

Custom capture mode allows you to save current settings into a dedicated mode which later can be selected from the list. You can save as many modes as needed. Use button "..." (right most on bottom toolbar) to access "Save as custom mode" command.

I would highly appreciate if you leave a review in App Store (or update your previous. if you left one before). Thank you very much in advance!

inmobisoft

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Camera++ has been renamed to CameraPixels in version 3.1.0 which is available now. Apart from renaming in this release we provide a BETA feature for Raw capture mode - DNG + JPG-M and DNG + TIFF-M modes. In these modes DNG is converted on the fly using user provided settings which appear in extra settings toolbar (bottom right button "..."). Do not use these modes in extremely low light situations, because you'll get very noisy photo. In general converted JPG or TIFF have less water-paint effect, but may have a bit more noise. Just remember, these modes are not for quick point and shoot, unless you previously set all necessary settings and saved them to a custom capture mode.

Few examples (left BETA mode, right - standard JPG at 100% quality):

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 00.16.05.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 00.17.48.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 00.18.18.jpg

inmobisoft

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Silly feature, but the app has the option to take 16:9 pictures?

I know it's a cropped 4:3 picture from the 4:3 sensor, but it's nice to see what will actually it will be and not needing to crop it myself.

Absolutely :) In Photo capture mode you have 16:9, 4:3, 3:2 and 1:1 aspect ratios. If you have an iPhone 7/Plus, then you can take 16:9 selfies at 8 MPx (vs standard camera 7 MPx with 4:3 aspect)

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Been using this app for a while now. I love it more after the update. I feel like I have a little more say while using my camera (Androidish)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This camera is among my favorites. A top 5 for sure.
81acce584dc77bddb045418d6227b48a.png

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely :) In Photo capture mode you have 16:9, 4:3, 3:2 and 1:1 aspect ratios. If you have an iPhone 7/Plus, then you can take 16:9 selfies at 8 MPx (vs standard camera 7 MPx with 4:3 aspect)

That's nice, sometimes you want to take a picture and use it as background but if you forgot the 4:3 factor of the sensor and the 16:9 of the screen and make the picture to work only in 4:3 then you regret of that :p

inmobisoft

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Your help is needed for decision!

As part of upcoming version 4.0.0 of CameraPixels there a UI refresh is scheduled. I need your help to make decision which UI to choose and maybe change something in it. We have posted a blog post on our official website (in my account) with few screenshots (I cannot give direct link, just go to official website, at the top there is a section Blog). If you have few seconds to spare, please vote! Thank you in advance

inmobisoft

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Welcome the next major update of CameraPixels! We worked hard to make this release better and more feature complete.

What's new in v4.0.0:
1. Added multi-shot capture mode (with slow shutter, light painting and long exposure sub-modes). Use this mode to capture noise free images in low light (slow shutter sub-mode), creative light painting scenes (light painting sub-mode) or night sky (long exposure sub-mode)
2. Added torch with brightness level in all capture modes
3. Added over/under exposed indicator and histogram
4. Added horizon levels
5. Added more grid types, including Golden ratio, Grid with symmetry indicator, and more
6. Added more crop aspect ratios to Photo capture mode
7. Added White Balance presets
8. Added tint selector to White Balance
9. Added JPG.M and TIF.M mode to Raw capture mode
10. Added volume button capture capability (need to be activated in Settings)
11. Number of images in Raw bracket increased to 7
12. Updated UI and added Light theme for minimal viewfinder overlapping
13. The CameraPixels was localised to several languages
14. Added Today widget
15. Corrections of "alternative features"

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
One of my favorite camera apps. Thanks! It's one I'm able to comprehend what I'm doing with yet posses advanced feature set

inmobisoft

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
A new version of CameraPixels (v5.0.0) has been released. The change log:

UI adjustments:
---------------
1. Added a ProView mode (default) which allows to keep manual settings always on screen
2. Manual settings value selector is moved under the labels
3. Default capture modes and presets are now combined in one view
4. Removed Raw and Slow capture modes - features are moved to Photo, Bracketing and Video capture modes
5. JPG quality and TIFF compressions are now part of the capture mode (also saveable to presets)
6. Setting on top toolbar with 2 options only switched with one tap now, no more extra popup

New features:
-----------------
1. Added new JPG quality setting Max which allows to save JPG in YCrCB 4:4:4 format
2. ISO range on iPhone 7/Plus now starts from 20 (previous was 25)
3. Burst and Bracketing modes now have crop feature
4. Bracketing mode adds support for full intervalometer
5. Number of exposures in raw bracket is increased to 15
6. Added EV step recision (global settings, controls the minimum allowed EV step in Bracketing mode)
7. Added new video resolution options (iPhone 6S and higher now can record up to 4K+ 4032x3024 px at 30 fps. iPhone 7/Plus can now record 3K video on front camera!)
8. Added new frame rate options
9. Added crop options to Video and Time lapse modes
10. Added frame mode (normal or keyframes) to Video and Time lapse modes
11. Added microphone selector and audio sampling rate to Video capture mode
12. Added Japanese and Korean languages (beta)