Re: Dead Shell
Overview of tricks for the game Dead Shell
Dead Shell is a rogue-like game with a Ď90s shooter atmosphere available on iOS and Android. In the game mercenaries with plasma rifles explore the catacombs of a distant space colony, Plutonia, on a Doom-4 class planet.
Unfortunately, the developers havenít included any cheat codes like IDDQD or IDKFA, but even without them there are plenty of tricks. Like any self-respecting old school game should, Dead Shell contains a lot of secrets and hidden techniques, which weíre going to share with you in this text.
So, the beginning of the game. After a short tutorial youíll find your Mercenary alone - the rest of the squad is not available to you yet. Your first goal is to find all those soldiers and add them to your squad.
Soldiers can be obtained from cases, and you get your first case right after you complete the starting level. After going through some labyrinths you will learn the main principles of the game and collect some money in credits.
Starting tips for the Dead Shell game
- Donít rush to spend your first earnings on upgrading your Mercenary - in the future youíll come across some more powerful warriors.
- Always use your Mercenaryís special skill on enemy corpses, donít miss this opportunity: the credit rewards will be indispensable in the early stages of the game.
- Use the axe more often to finish off the enemies: later in the game, ammo will be scarce.
- Go to the quest section (paper sheet icon under the warriors) and study your goals: completing quests is one of the important sources of credits.
- Upgrade your cargo ship once right away or, better, twice (itís located above the warriors, to upgrade hold the upgrade button).
After the upgrade, send the cargo ship on a mission at once - the sooner it goes exploring the sooner it comes back with loot.
Continue to explore Plutonia. Soon your first shuttle will come back to you. The shuttle brings back a number of ammo packs equal to the number of its upgrades.
Make sure to upgrade the shuttle more until it has 4 slots and only after that send it on a second mission: the more upgrades the shuttle has, the more ammo it will bring you in the same time.
- Seeing a medical kit, donít pick it up at once: wait until your health is at its minimum and only then pick up the medicine. The same advice applies to the medical room.
- Remember that ghosts donít leave trophies.
- Itís possible to discover a warrior that you already have in your team in a case. In such circumstances your warrior will gain in health, his axe attack will be improved, also the warrior will change visually (become taller and more broad-shouldered).
Tips on upgrading in Dead Shell
When you get 2 or 3 more warriors in your team, you can look around and plan your upgrades. Every warrior has a corresponding class of weapon that is most damaging in his hands. In the description of such weapons the damage number will be written in a brighter color.
Study your weaponry and detect your most equipped warrior - maybe someone has a rare assault rifle or a unique rifle. A character with such a weapon is a good candidate for maximal upgrading.
You should also take into consideration the scaling of the special skills of each warrior. For instance, the Medicís healing restores a fixed number of health points. This means that the more Medic cards you find the more health heíll have and the less efficient healing him will be.
In contrast, the Commando cans freeze all monsters (any kind of, from Slime to Cyborg) for three turns. This skill will work the same way at any level of the game. Which is more important: the effect or its stability, is up to you.
- If you come up on a room that offers ammunition for sale, buy it: ammo is very valuable in Plutonia and a dead man doesnít need credits.
- Constantly check the quest section - if the game asks you to upgrade a warrior, do it, and the quest will compensate your expenses.
- For a quest you can give your weaker warriors an upgrade - it will be cheaper than upgrading the leading character.
Continue your journey on a Doom-4 class planet!
The more you win, the stronger the monsters become. At this stage one levelled-up character isnít enough: heíll run out of ammo and youíll inevitably acquire some weapons fit for other characters in your arsenal.
Upgrade one or two more warriors, choosing them by following the tips above and according to your personal preferences.
Tips for the final level of Dead Shell
- Enter the game every day for a daily prize.
- If at the start of the run youíve got monsters you canít handle, itís wise to reroll them once or even twice. A third reroll of the monsters is too expensive and usually isnít worth it.
- Remember the types of rooms, they define the number of monsters in the group: in the Hangar and the Entrance Lock there are fewer, in the Reception Office and the Security Post there are more.
- The probability of getting a particular warrior in a case varies: to get some of the rarer ones you have to secure dozens of victories.
Donít forget to switch to weapons like the BFG and rocket launcher - even if they donít belong to any of the mercenaries, they are quite powerful on their own (especially in rare and unique modifications).
- On Android, any purchase disables all in-game ads, once and for all.
- Also if you buy energy once, the mechanic is removed from the Android game forever - we advise you to do so, it will turn the game into a pure premium product.
After one or two hundred victories the power of the monsters will increase to unbelievable levels. The developers are planning for the squad to be able to move to another planet, resetting the difficulty back to zero.
We only have to wait until this update of the game, for now we just can rely upon the chance (that places the exit next to the entrance) and try to collect more credits and weaponry.
Also, we should support the developers as much as we can - from any purchase to five stars in the app store!
Now you know all the secrets of the game Dead Shell: Roguelike RPG
See you in Plutonia!