Is anyone using the latest iMore Forums app?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just can't get myself to use the iMore Forums app. I've been using Tapatalk for so long. Old habits die hard I guess!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
To me, it feels just like Tapatalk for the way I use it, minus the multi-forum access

Although I don't often participate in other forums I follow some, especially the other Mobile Nations forums. So there really wouldn't be a reason for me to switch unless the iMore app offered up some benefit above Tapatalk. It doesn't. Also, there's some mod functionality that's missing in the iMore app.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Although I don't often participate in other forums I follow some, especially the other Mobile Nations forums. So there really wouldn't be a reason for me to switch unless the iMore app offered up some benefit above Tapatalk. It doesn't. Also, there's some mod functionality that's missing in the iMore app.

1st world problems

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen several who are using the iMore forums app post wallpaper images that look tiny on the TapaTalk app. It reduces the resolution too much. Not sure if that's intentional or a bug. But it's reason enough for me not to use the iMore forums app.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've seen several who are using the iMore forums app post wallpaper images that look tiny on the TapaTalk app. It reduces the resolution too much. Not sure if that's intentional or a bug. But it's reason enough for me not to use the iMore forums app.

I've been wondering how that's been happening.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There's several things going on with that. One is that the iMore forums app doesn't accommodate the 6s Plus resolution size for 1080x1920. It cuts it down to 578x1024. TapaTalk upped theirs last year to accommodate the Plus size.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

There's several things going on with that. One is that the iMore forums app doesn't accommodate the 6s Plus resolution size for 1080x1920. It cuts it down to 578x1024. TapaTalk upped theirs last year to accommodate the Plus size.

When you post a photo it gives you a size option. Why would it make the Plus size phones a lower resolution than it does for the 6/6s? My maximum option is the full resolution for the 6s.

IMG_1470573866.204319.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you post a photo it gives you a size option. Why would it make the Plus size phones a lower resolution than it does for the 6/6s? My maximum option is the full resolution for the 6s.

View attachment 110152

The 6s is not a Plus size of 1080x 1920. It's always done the 750x 1334. But not the larger size. It may now since TapaTalk does. If it does then there's another reason for the tiny resolutions being posted. Maybe they're posting the small res size rather than the large "best" option.

Before the new app, this is what you would see for the 1080x1920.
a7a523cdaa9c5410ff3aa6e78354c119.jpg

So anyone still using the old app will get this.

I noticed this early on. I had started posting the Plus size from in Safari. I stopped when TapaTalk changed it last year.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I use the iMore app exclusively now. If I check any other forums, I'll fire up Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh