Is anyone using the latest iMore Forums app?

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Using it on my 6 Plus. I like it so far. Thanks for this thread I didn't know there was a dark mode. Going to download it to my iPad mini 4 that's running iOS 10 public beta.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Beagle, please try to keep your responses contained in a single reply by using the multi-quote function. Thanks.

So read all the replies that I am interested in replying to then reply to them all at not reply. Hard to remember them all. I can delete my replies from here to make things fair. No problem.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So read all the replies that I am interested in replying to then reply to them all at not reply. Hard to remember them all. I can delete my replies from here to make things fair. No problem.

If you use multi-quote you'll be able to see all of the posts at once. It's actually really easy to use. Try it out!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It does look nice. Works great. Has a few missing features as stated above. But I probably won't use it much. Having all my forums under the same roof is too convenient.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The pop-ups asking if I want to rate the app is starting to get on my nerves...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The other thing I noticed is when I tap a post to quote, the first item is "report", and not "quote".

There was an issue with that on TapaTalk. Several complained about it on their support Forum and they moved the "report". Now you tap "more" to find "report".

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There was an issue with that on TapaTalk. Several complained about it on their support Forum and they moved the "report". Now you tap "more" to find "report".

That's the trouble with a "clone" or a rebranded app; it's always a step behind :) But i do like that it uses the forum attachment feature for images. Tapatalk keeps telling me "Sorry can't do that, but how about tapatalk hosting the image instead?" The iMore app works!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's the trouble with a "clone" or a rebranded app; it's always a step behind :) But i do like that it uses the forum attachment feature for images. Tapatalk keeps telling me "Sorry can't do that, but how about tapatalk hosting the image instead?" The iMore app works!

The iMore forums app has been designed after TapaTalk for years. The image posting used in the new iMore forums app is the TapaTalk image posting. I don't see the attachment option.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The iMore forums app has been designed after TapaTalk for years. The image posting used in the new iMore forums app is the TapaTalk image posting. I don't see the attachment option.

Understood.

I used the photo option, which is the second button next to camera. That attached the photo using the

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods