Is anyone using the latest iMore Forums app?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why couldn't MobileNations make one app to include all the MobileNations forums and blog sites?

It's marketing. Offering up one app for all of MoNa's forums dilutes its brands. It's the same reason TV conglomerates have separate apps for all of their networks rather than one combined app.

Makes sense to keep separate apps IMO.

Last edited:

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Received the update today. I always preferred the iMore Forum app vs. iMore app. Never understood why 2 apps with the same functionality.

But the update secured my choice even more. Clean and dark theme.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Received the update today. I always preferred the iMore Forum app vs. iMore app. Never understood why 2 apps with the same functionality.

But the update secured my choice even more. Clean and dark theme.
Same. I really don't like the iMore app on iOS. Not sure why. I like it on Android though.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm missing them, the iMore forums app is missing two minor but crucial functions for me that I use all the time in Tapatalk. The ability to rearrange the tabs above the posts. I always have Unread first. Secondly, the ability to mark all as read in the unread tab.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried it when it updated, but find myself using Tapatalk mostly because I can access my other forums with it. Though 95% of the time I'm here, so I'll keep using the iMore forums app until I have reason not to :) It is clean and works well!

One issue I did see with it, and I don't think this happens in Tapatalk, but when replying to a PM, it copies me when I send it, so it seems like it's sending to me and not a reply to the person I got the PM from. I sent a couple yesterday and they all came to me and I thought it was a glitch.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I think Mobile Nations might have updated all of their apps on iOS. Tapatalk annoys me but I do like the pm features.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I use Tapatalk with the night mode. Its much easier on the eyes. Plus I have access to all the other forums I frequent such as Eight Forums, MacRumors, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2