Truecaller

chenhogi

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Does Truecaller on iOS work the same as on Android and Windows Phone, in that it recognizes callers that are not in my phonebook? If so I must be doing something wrong.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is if a number is shown, it will tell you who it is. If there's no number, then not.
Even the carrier can't tell you who an unknown caller is if no number is shown.

chenhogi

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't seem to work for me on iOS in the same way it works on WP or Android.
Unless of course I am doing something wrong.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
It is not working for me. I have enabled all setting as instructed. Still it is not showing who is calling. Very few times I got notification banner after the call. Not before or on the caller screen.

I use iphone 8 plus and new to IOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Truecaller and Hiya don't always tell you the name of a caller. It doesn't work like that. They have a database of spam and scam numbers and when one comes in, it will alert you that it's spam. You can check numbers you receive and see if it may be reported as spam or scam. If the caller does not show a number, then it can't show a name. I've found it very useful. You just have to work with it to see the benefits.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It is not working for me. I have enabled all setting as instructed. Still it is not showing who is calling. Very few times I got notification banner after the call. Not before or on the caller screen.

I use iphone 8 plus and new to IOS.

You miss the point of the app. It doesn't always show a name.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about TrueCaller, but HiYa does show you if a number is a know spammer.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The same number showing name on app

It shows a name in some cases. But it usually does show a number, unless the number is unavailable. Not sure what you mean by "the same number showing name in app". The app should have instructions and explanations in the settings. Hiya does. Not sure about Truecaller. It's about spam and scam mostly. Sometimes it shows a number and says spam. No name though. Most I get are spam, not scam. Sometimes it shows the number and city.
Go to "more" then "FAQ". Maybe it will answer your questions there.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
It shows a name in some cases. But it usually does show a number, unless the number is unavailable. Not sure what you mean by "the same number showing name in app". The app should have instructions and explanations in the settings. Hiya does. Not sure about Truecaller. It's about spam and scam mostly. Sometimes it shows a number and says spam. No name though. Most I get are spam, not scam. Sometimes it shows the number and city.
Go to "more" then "FAQ". Maybe it will answer your questions there.

Let me try to brief it. If I get call from any unknown number then truecaller will usually show the number, name and location in my other device.

But I can't get it worked on my iPhone. Only number is showing not the name of those person even if it is available on truecaller.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let me try to brief it. If I get call from any unknown number then truecaller will usually show the number, name and location in my other device.

But I can't get it worked on my iPhone. Only number is showing not the name of those person even if it is available on truecaller.

It's been my experience talking with Verizon, that unknown or Private numbers can not be shown. You might ask your carrier about that or go to "contact us" in Truecaller and ask them why.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2