Best offline navigation app?

M_W

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a very limited mobile data plan so I need a good offline navigation app. I've looked at Google Maps, maps.me, HERE maps, and Sygic.

I would really like to use Google Maps, however I don't like the way it handles offline maps. Zooming in over an area is a bit clunky in my opinion, and I'd like to be able to download entire states.

HERE maps, maps.me, and Sygic all look pretty good. HERE looks very nice and I believe it has offline voice-navigation, something that the others don't? I'm not sure on that though, I haven't had a chance to test them out.

Any input on the apps listed above would be great, or maybe someone knows of a better one. Accuracy is the biggest thing really.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you install and test the ones you've mentioned to see which works best for you. We can recommend all day long, but until you give the recommendations a try, you're not going to know if you'll actually like them or not.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I recommend you install and test the ones you've mentioned to see which works best for you. We can recommend all day long, but until you give the recommendations a try, you're not going to know if you'll actually like them or not.

Good plan. I purchased Garmin but it's somewhat pricey at ~$50. Works decent though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use maps for navigation very often at all. For offline maps, Pocket Earth Pro seems nice.
Pocket Earth PRO Offline Maps - GPS Navigation Map, Topographic Contour Map, Travel Guide by GeoMagik LLC

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77