Albums Appearing Twice in Google Music App

anon(829886)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I'm getting the same album appearing twice in my Google Play Music app for iOS.

These albums appear only once in the web application that I use to manage my music. I also have made a point to make sure all info is correct and filled in with respect to the web application. For example I will find an album that appears twice in my iOS app, and make sure the info is correct and filled in for the following fields in the web client: (Artist/Album Artist/Album/Composer/Genre)

Sometimes when I make these changes in the web application, and refresh both my web library and the iOS app, the album will merge as one in the iOS app. However, it will soon after revert back to the same album appearing twice in my iOS app.

Here is the bigger issue. I could live with some of my albums appearing twice in the iOS app. It's annoying and ugly to see this but I can manage. However when I pin one of these albums that appears twice for offline use, it will take up twice the storage. And that is a problem for me seeing as I don't have an 128 GB iPhone and even if I did I shouldn't have the same album taking up twice the necessary space.

I can't think of any solutions. I believe this is simply an issue with Google's cloud service. This also reflects an issue I had last summer where I attempted to pin my entire collection via several 1000 count playlists but inevitably the songs would disappear from my playlist on the iOS app. It appears Google simply has a cloud music issue on their hands.

Regardless I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the app or the service you mentioned. Having said that, I recommend you contact Google Support and inquire while awaiting a response here in the forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2