- iMore Newbie
- 26 Posts
Panic Attack Lost iPhone
I got a facetime call from my 16 year old daughters ipad yesterday. She was having a panic attack.
She said that she had lost her iphone (5s), someone had stolen it from the Local Supermarket she had visited. Rather than immediately calling the poiice and insurance company, I tried logging into her icloud account.
I discovered her phone, and "Sounded" it, certainly was not in the house. Map showed it was close to where she lost it.
I put it to Lost mode and entered my phone number in the messages.
About a minute later I got call from her phone. It was a young lad who had picked it up, and he was with his father.
I asked them to go back to the Supermarket and wait outside for my daughter to turn up.
I then facetimed daughter to go and get it.
They were there and the phone was returned. Daughter and phone reunited.
I think it was picked up the the young lad rather than stealing it, and if it was a professional thief they would have turned it off or wrapped it in tin foil.
Last edited by RoCutler; 04-19-2016 at 03:50 AM.
- 04-19-2016, 06:09 AM #2
- 04-19-2016, 07:02 AM #3
- 04-19-2016, 10:08 AM #4
- 04-19-2016, 10:35 AM #5
- 05-04-2016, 06:45 AM #6
Re: Panic Attack Lost iPhone
Wow....glad u got it back! Depends where u live it would have been Mia! My daughter lost a few iPhone and got a few stolen over the years! I told her never set it down anywhere unless she's home and when in public do not do free ads! She now has iPhone 6s+.....so do I! It can cause anxiety if u misplaced it or lose it...phone cost too much to b careless with it!
- 05-04-2016, 08:22 AM #7
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2016, 07:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-18-2016, 05:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2016, 05:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-18-2016, 04:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2016, 02:33 PM