FaceTime & iMessage - International use?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
FaceTime & iMessage - International use

To confirm, iMessage and FaceTime, work internationally, no?
And, can both work fine, irrespective of a WIFI connection on both ends?

I ask this, because earlier today, I sent FaceTime requests to 4 people, all in London, and no one answered. Rather odd, that not one of the 4 answered. Hence my curiosity, and thus this post.

Looking forward to your feedback.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: FaceTime & iMessage - International use

Yep they work.
But they rely on your data connection, so you have to keep data roaming active (it could be expensive, depending on your carrier) or to be under a free wifi coverage.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

Hmm roaming should matter. To be exact, I'm in Atlanta and thus make iMessage and FaceTime calls to London. So roaming shouldn't matter, right?

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

As long as both ends are connected to internet (either wifi or data), it should work

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Hmm roaming should matter. To be exact, I'm in Atlanta and thus make iMessage and FaceTime calls to London. So roaming shouldn't matter, right?
Are you US citizen under an US carrier ?
Roaming doesn't matter for you.

But if you are calling US citizens in London, and they are using an US carrier's SIM, to receive your iMessages and FaceTime calls they have to have roaming enabled or to within wifi coverage

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

Are you US citizen under an US carrier ?
Roaming doesn't matter for you.

But if you are calling US citizens in London, and they are using an US carrier's SIM, to receive your iMessages and FaceTime calls they have to have roaming enabled or to within wifi coverage

Ah, understood. I'm a Green Card holder with official AT&T service communicating with people using T-Mobile UK and O2 UK.

It was\is weird that they'd not 'see' my iMessages or missed FaceTime calls. Even more so considering my iMessage says, 'Delivered'.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh