RSS app: Feedly or Reeder - or something else?

bex85

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Had a look to see what the best RSS reader was for Mac and found Reeder mentioned and so currently taking a "look" at it. Also found there is a Feedly app for Mac but, it gets bad reviews and people say you're better off using the site.
I was wondering if the same sentiments were founded towards the iOS app?
Currently using Feedly on my iPhone but, considering buying Reeder - but not sure it's worth the ?4 price tag it has, when Feedly (and other RSS readers) are free.
So was hoping someone could give me their thoughts on which RSS reader to use for the iPhone (and would probably also use it on my iPad). Posts around the web that I could find seemed to be a couple years old so was looking for more recent opinion considering the apps will have been updated, quite possibly numerous times.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reeder is indeed worth the price, in my opinion. I've been using it for years after switching over from Feeddler Pro. It's the only RSS app I use.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I am a heavy user of Feedly
About 700 feed a day from about 50 different sources.
Use the app on my iPhone & iPad
Use their site on my MacBook Air
I am using it he free version
Good Luck

bex85

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, didnt realise anyone had replied, must set up email alerts. Anyway......
Using Reeder on my Macbook but, am continuining to use Feedly on my iPhone and iPad. I think I prefer the layout of Reeder but, 95% of the time, when I use Feedly on my phone it's to look at saved/starred articles. I've just seen I can change the layout of the app though so think I will save myself ?4 :). Thanks everyone.

bex85

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Just a little update, Im using Feedly on my phone, Reeder on my Macbook still. Decided to open the Feedly app up on the Macbook to see why people prefer using the web version and I noticed that on Feedly (iphone app, macbook app and website) my last saved article is 14th April. But on Reeder I have articles saved from today and yesterday and more than just 3 articles from the 14th. I used the Feedly app on my phone to save the articles for later as well, so not like I used Reeder to star/save the articles.
I didnt have time this morning to read anything so just saved everything that sounded interesting with the intention of going through it now and unsaving articles. But interestingly if I find the article via my read feed, it shows Ive saved it but, doesnt show in the saved for later list :S.
Think I may be upgrading to Reeder after all. Or is there a maximum number of items you can have saved for later? Have 132 according to Reeder.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have TONS of saved articles saved on Feedly, certainly a lot more that 132.
If there's a limit, I'm not aware of it.
Can't explain why yours are not saving properly.
I'm using Feely app on my iPhone 6S & iPad Air.
On my MacBook Air, I'm using the Feedly web site.
I save articles from all three.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal