I'm looking for a document scanning app that features automatic upload to the cloud

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello all -

I previously used Evernote's Scannable app. The app produces super high quality scans; so good, in fact, that it looks like the scan was made with a flatbed scanner.

I then switched over to Scanbot. The image quality of a Scanbot scan is significantly worse than Scannable, but I stuck with Scanbot simply because it's easier to make a multi-page scan, and the resulting PDF gets automatically uploaded to my Dropbox without my having to do anything. So, I basically chose convenience and efficiency over scan quality.

But, it would be nice to get the convenience and efficiency features without having to sacrifice on scan quality.

Has anybody used a document scanning app that has high quality scans, makes it easy to make multiple page scans, and then auto-uploads the result to your selected cloud service?

Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am an avid user of the Scannable app and find it to be outstanding for scanning purposes. With the exception of receipts, most of the documents I scan are multi-page, and Scannable is as simple as 1-2-3 in that regard because it automatically searches for additional pages to scan. If you select the "always save to Evernote" option in the app's settings, it'll auto-upload to whatever folder you set it upload to.

Last edited:

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am an avid user of the Scannable app and find it to be outstanding for scanning purposes. With the exception of receipts, most of the documents I scan are multi-page, and Scannable is as simply as 1-2-3 in that regard because it automatically searches for additional pages to scan. If you select the "always save to Evernote" option in the app's settings, it'll auto-upload to whatever folder you set it upload to.

I agree that it's outstanding, but the multi-page scan is not quite as easy as it is with Scanbot and, more importantly, Scanbot lets me auto-upload to Dropbox. The auto-upload would be great if I already had an Evernote account and used it for other purposes, but I don't have much interest in creating an Evernote account simply for this purpose.

I may end up doing that if there are no better options, but for now I'm holding out hope there's a better alternative for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it's outstanding, but the multi-page scan is not quite as easy as it is with Scanbot and, more importantly, Scanbot lets me auto-upload to Dropbox. The auto-upload would be great if I already had an Evernote account and used it for other purposes, but I don't have much interest in creating an Evernote account simply for this purpose.

I may end up doing that if there are no better options, but for now I'm holding out hope there's a better alternative for me.

I understand, but because I do have an Evernote account with a great deal of data therein, it's a no-brainier for me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Scanbot

Used to use Scanner Pro but quit when I realized they don't (or didn't) offer 2 way sync. Restored my phone and all my scans were gone. Could still see them in Dropbox but they wouldn't pull back into Scanner Pro. Contacted support who confirmed it.

Switched back to Scanbot, which pulled in my Scanner Pro scans from Dropbox and has pulled in previous scans when I have had to restore.

Scanner & QR-Code Reader App - Scanbot scans your document, photo, barcode and notes by doo GmbH
https://appsto.re/us/p3TWX.i

Zac Shahan

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
I have used genius scan and it works fine for me. It is a paid app, but worth it for as many times it has saved my bacon. It will upload it to dropbox or you could probably set something up through IFTT to send it wherever you need. Hope this helps.

thejoeandrews

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Another vote for Scanner Pro. I use it to scan bundles of 20 four page tests for my records when I teach a professional development class and then I upload them to GDrive. I've been very happy with the app and this process has worked great for me.

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow, what a difference a day makes. A lot of people recommended Scanner Pro by Readdle. I took a look at the app description yesterday, and was not very impressed. It lacked several features that other apps, like Scanbot, have -- such as OCR, distortion correction, etc. So, I skipped it.

This morning I woke up and thought to myself that if multiple people recommended Scanner Pro, perhaps I should give it a second look. Overnight they released version 7.0, and this new version seems fantastic. OCR. Distortion correction. Automatic uploads. Faxing. And now, even workflows!!

I purchased it immediately, and it is amazing. Thanks for the recommendations.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
If you connect Scanner Pro to iCloud, then all your scans will come back into the app. I have just received a new iPhone from Apple to replace my first one and all the scans came back into the app.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you connect Scanner Pro to iCloud, then all your scans will come back into the app. I have just received a new iPhone from Apple to replace my first one and all the scans came back into the app.

Did you start new or restore from backup? iCloud didn't work that way before. I had both Dropbox and iCloud.