Inbox by Gmail - long messages cut after X lines

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to give Inbox by Gmail another shot (third time) since I really have grown to like its bundling feature, especially concerning trips. I'm on a round the world trip right now and love the fact that the app automatically filters and bundles all messages concerning that trip, be that flight tickets, hotel bookings, etc., to present me a complete schedule of my upcoming flights and events.

However I have today noticed that Inbox doesn't seem capable of loading long messages. My initial flight schedule emailed to me is cut in half and only displays flights up to Fiji. The same happens in the regular Gmail app yet there's a button underneath labeled "Download entire message". This buttons seems to be missing in Inbox by Gmail. This is particularly disturbing since I'm getting occasional "you're flight has been rescheduled" emails concerning flights long after Fiji and I can't see what exactly has changed since Inbox is only loading the message up to Fiji and no further.

Even forwarding or replying to the message doesn't help - it'll only quote the part until Fiji and no further.

Is this a bug, a feature, or stupidity on my part?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume it's a bug, but I'm only speculating because I do not use the aforementioned app. Having said that, you should contact Google support and make an inquiry as well as login to your gmail account via a web browser on your device or use the native Mail app to get your messages until the problem is resolved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal