What is everyone using for photo/video storage?

Zendroid1

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
What are you all using for storing photos and videos? I originally used iCloud to store all my 10,000 photos and videos (and had to pay extra per month obviously) but I just had nothing but problems. My devices never seemed to sync properly. The uploads would take days and then time out and skip batches. Then when trying to play back videos they would take forever to load. The last time I touched iCloud for photo/video storage was probably last summer. Has it improved any since then?

Since then, I've been using Google Photos. I love it because it's free, is easy to share, has auto-uploads, loads videos/pics quickly, and seems to sync across devices perfectly. It's the one app/function that I really think Android has knocked it out of the park over Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I iCloud for short term storage, Dropbox for miscellaneous pics like wallpaper and screenshots, and Microsoft's OneDrive for long-term storage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box for most photos, png images, gifs and short videos. Dropbox for specialty things. OneDrive for large videos and camera roll back up.

Zendroid1

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I just started using Amazon Photos because it offers unlimited photo storage for Prime members.

Amazon Photos - Cloud Drive Storage, Backup and Photo Sharing by AMZN Mobile LLC

I use to use Amazon photos but they didn't accept all my file types as part of the "free" allotment and you have to pay extra for videos.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can do that, but I prefer not to keep thousands of photos on my camera roll. Most are organized neatly in folders and subfolders in the Box app.

I create folders/albums in iOS as well for some things (wallpapers, pictures of @DevilishBanker from Vegas that he doesn't want people to see, etc.) No subfolders, though.

I use iCloud Photo Library, without issue, but also have them backed up to Dropbox.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I create folders/albums in iOS as well for some things (wallpapers, pictures of @DevilishBanker from Vegas that he doesn't want people to see, etc.) No subfolders, though.

I use iCloud Photo Library, without issue, but also have them backed up to Dropbox.

I like the subfolders. I go deep with them. I'm staying away from iCloud Photo Library. Too confusing and many have issues with it. I back up what is on my phone to iCloud. That's it. The rest are in Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I also use Google Photos. I try keeping the photos on my camera roll to less than 200.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2