Omnifocus. The Best GTD? Is it worth the $

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

Been testing out a bunch of task managers the past few months.

-Fantastical
- Things
-Gtasks
-Todoist
-Evernote
-2do

Just to name a few. There are things that I like and also dislike about each one, so just wanted to start a conversation regarding this topic.

I hear so many good things about Omnifocus. But is it worth the 40 dollar price tag? Or are there other apps etc I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whether it's worth the price, I can't say - at least not in regard to your needs. It's not worth it for me, but then again, I do not need anything more than Evernote and the native Reminders app for tasks. I've used others such as Any.Do, Clear, and a few others, but the aforementioned two is all I use and need.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have Omnifocus. I have had it over a year. It was an expensive investment. I have tried so hard to make it work for me but unfortunately it has not been a success. The cost to me doesn't complicate the issues that I find with it. There's a whole lot cheaper apps that out perform Omnifocus. Try a cheaper option. I keep downloading hoping it will be better but not yet.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have Omnifocus. I have had it over a year. It was an expensive investment. I have tried so hard to make it work for me but unfortunately it has not been a success. The cost to me doesn't complicate the issues that I find with it. There's a whole lot cheaper apps that out perform Omnifocus. Try a cheaper option. I keep downloading hoping it will be better but not yet.

Thank you. Feel free to pm if you'd like .

Thanks!

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I own it but like blackmagicwoman I haven't had success with it either. As a .Net developer my work is done on a Windows PC and omnifocus doesn't have a cross-platform option which would be a huge plus for me.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

Been testing out a bunch of task managers the past few months.

-Fantastical
- Things
-Gtasks
-Todoist
-Evernote
-2do

Just to name a few. There are things that I like and also dislike about each one, so just wanted to start a conversation regarding this topic.

I hear so many good things about Omnifocus. But is it worth the 40 dollar price tag? Or are there other apps etc I should be looking at?

Thanks!

TickTick is a great app, as well as Wunderlist I don't know what your looking to do but TickTick is a little more powerful than Todoist and Wunderlist is a great app if your not trying to manage and organize multiple complex projects

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I feel as though Omnifocus is way overpriced. There's other apps that do as well for free or less than $5. The only app I've spent more than $5 on is 1Password, which I got for $9.99. I won't pay that much again for any app.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid subscription related apps. But at the moment this app is out of the question for me anyway due to cash flow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal