Could you help me find a good text clipping tool?

Paul Bailey III

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
could you help me find a good text clipping tool

hey, sorry I'm new to the forums and i couldn't find the software section.

i was wondering if you could recommend a good snipping tool for the mac. ideally i'd like to be able to keep several pieces of text available to me for when i do the final read throughs of my work.

thank you in advance

Paul

Last edited:

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Re: could you help me find a good text clipping tool

Have you looked at or tried Evernote? Not sure how if there's a Mac app, but I know on Windows you can screen clip and then markup your clips. Not sure if that helps at all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: could you help me find a good text clipping tool

thank you, yes ive tried it but i was hoping for something a bit simplier tbh

Not sure what you need exactly, but you might check out KuaiBoard. It's a keyboard app that saves clips you can use easily while writing. I use it for sentences and paragraphs I use a lot here on iMore. It's come in handy many times. Here's an example. All I do is tap. And this goes on the text field.

Ellipsis
The iMessage ellipsis begins when the first character is typed. If the sender stops typing but does not back up to delete the showing characters, the ellipsis will continue for 60 seconds. Then it stops and there is no message. If we are messaging, and I type one character, then close my messages app and go to Facebook, you would be left watching the ellipsis for 60 seconds or until it stops. Then you would wait a moment more for a message to appear. But it would not. If I were to type a word, then back up to where no character shows, then the ellipsis stops. And again, there's no message. As to what the sender is doing is a guess. They may start a message, then stop and move on to something else. They may accidentally hit a letter, then close the app, leaving you watching the ellipsis for 60 seconds. The ellipsis is not an indication that a message is incoming. It just means at least 1 character was typed.
It's not an iOS bug. It's been going on since the iMessage ellipsis was first implemented

One tap.

KuaiBoard ? Type text. Quicker. by Kevin Wolkober
https://appsto.re/us/BpFz2.i

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2