Alarm clock suggestion?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, just came over from Android and hoping to find a similar alarm clock app to what I used on that. I used Gentle Alarm which would fade in the alarm as it started playing. Now, I can actually live without that part, but what I need is one that will play songs from my MP3's that I've loaded on my iPhone. I tried Wake after seeing it featured here a couple weeks ago and while it lets me choose a song, it only works if the app is open and the screen is on. Otherwise it plays some annoying little jingle song thing until you unlock the phone and go into the app, at which point it starts actually playing the song I chose. Are iOS alarm clocks not able to play songs with the screen locked or even just without the app being the one I'm actively in at the time?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just came over from Android and hoping to find a similar alarm clock app to what I used on that. I used Gentle Alarm which would fade in the alarm as it started playing. Now, I can actually live without that part, but what I need is one that will play songs from my MP3's that I've loaded on my iPhone. I tried Wake after seeing it featured here a couple weeks ago and while it lets me choose a song, it only works if the app is open and the screen is on. Otherwise it plays some annoying little jingle song thing until you unlock the phone and go into the app, at which point it starts actually playing the song I chose. Are iOS alarm clocks not able to play songs with the screen locked or even just without the app being the one I'm actively in at the time?
The alarm feature in the clock app will play a designated song from your Music Library. And it works with the phone locked.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I figured that out. Hoping to find something that can shuffle through a playlist or all the songs though. Keeps the alarm sound fresh

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the regular clock and alarm too and my music! Works like a charm I don't need the phone lit all night whilst sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been using iHandy alarm clock since my iPhone 4 days.

d719a4e3dc1afbad051f405746a9cdb0.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal