Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

22 Posts

Question Overcast 2.0 and Playlist Creation

My apologies in advance as this is cross posted from a comment on the Overcast thread on iMore. Figure it wouldn't get enough eyes on it. Hopefully someone has some insight b/c the developer surely doesn't help much.

I was wondering if someone could help answer a question that has been bothering me since 2.0 came out. This may have also been an issue prior to 2.0 but I just switched over from Pocket Casts. This is regards to creating playlists.

Prior to version 2.0 there was an option within the playlist creation menu called "Play Status" which allowed you to create "smart" like playlists with options for "New" or "In Progress". Either this was moved to another location within the app (which would make no sense) or it was removed altogether (which makes less sense).

Am I overlooking something here? Playlist creation within Overcast to me seems like the only negative of this app. It's not a deal breaker but it would be great if it was a bit more intuitive.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

PS. Already tried to contact Overcast support. It's useless. I'm assuming support will never be good for this app considering how small of a team it is. Documentation is lacking as well.
    iMore Genius

3,636 Posts

Default Re: Overcast 2.0 and Playlist Creation

I think the "deal breaker" for me would be lack of support and documentation.
    iMore Newbie

14 Posts

Default Re: Overcast 2.0 and Playlist Creation

Marco has publicly stated he doesn't provide support for Overcast, take or leave the app as it is.

As a competitor i do keep an eye on the app, and can tell you that the in-progress playlist function was removed in a point update for v1 and has not returned.