No "Vibrate Only" for iPhone's Whatsapp

Rikahio

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I?m noticing we (iPhone users) are not able to receive vibration alerts without our phones having to be in "Silent Mode" (switch turn on for silent mode in the side of the iPhone).

What this means, is that we have two options: Hear a sound for each message when we are NOT in silent mode, or feel the notification (vibrating) when we ARE in Silent Mode. But what about having ONLY a vibration when I?m NOT in silent mode? WE DON?T HAVE THIS; AND ITS A HUGE DEAL, let me tell you why.

I have other third party apps, or even native ones, that I like HEARING (reminders, calendars, emails.. hearing them is more crucial and not annoying since they are not that frequent), so in this case a user simply uses his iPhone in normal mode (switch of silent mode off), BUT in this position, I would like to only FEEL (vibrating) Whatsapp notifications, (with every other app making a sound); AND I CANT. I don?t want to hear every Whatsapp notification since they are many of them, and my only option is to select "None" in the sound in notification settings section, but that way I wouldn?t hear nor FEEL the notifications.

In conclusion, what do I/we want that we can?t do ever since?

Have a "Vibrate Only-Sound" in Whatsapp settings, for us to be able to have the iPhone in normal sound mode, and at the same time, be able to be notified (without sound) about our Whatsapp notifications.

Do you get me? AND IT?S SIMPLE! Many other apps have this "Vibrate Only" Option.

PLEASE.

Ricardo Vald?s Gonz?lez ? Monterrey N.L M?xico.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it's a choice of the developer. why they have chossen to use only limited options is anyone's guess. Provide feedback to them and hope for a change.

stregoica

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I completely agree and I don't get why iphone doesn't have that option. I recently switched to iphone from an anroid phone and they have "vibrate only" option. The sound in every message annoys me and it's bad if I don't hear any sound as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73