Best Twitter Client apps

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Twitter, which I've been using since I gave up on Tweetbot.

May go ahead and spend the $5 as I really liked it before. Being Universal is a plus.

I don't use the OS X version of Twitter (is there even such a beast beyond the browser/twitter.com thing? I find it incredulous that Twitter itself doesn't support he new quote style that they introduced.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the OS X version of Twitter (is there even such a beast beyond the browser/twitter.com thing? I find it incredulous that Twitter itself doesn't support he new quote style that they introduced.

Why not just use Twitter in safari on your phone? To me I like to use the separate app.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Why not just use Twitter in safari on your phone? To me I like to use the separate app.

Confused. I am running Tweetbot on my iPhone, my iPad and my Mac.

My comment had two points: (1) IS there an OS X version of the stock Twitter app (besides the website/browser)? (searching the Mac App Store shows that there IS);, and (2) surprised that IF there is an OS X app from Twitter that it does not support the new retweet style that Twitter itself introduced.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok sounded like you were asking why someone would use a separate app vs just using Twitter.com. And yes there's a separate app or I wouldn't have mentioned it.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The regular Twitter app sucks because of the ads. Tweetbot or twitterrific are the ways to go.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The regular Twitter app sucks because of the ads. Tweetbot or twitterrific are the ways to go.

The ads are a pain but I like some of the features ("while you were away" is one) so I will keep it on here. Using tweetbot for the first time in a while and trying to relearn the swipes.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a heavy Tweetbot user. Now, for as much as I use Twitter, the official app is just fine. Kinda like the Twitter Moments thing as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So yeah, I might sound like a loser, but I search all the time for a new Twitter app because quite honestly I'm getting tired of Tweetbot. And I managed to find one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/feather-a-light-twitter-app/id793157344?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

It's called Feather. It is great. Beautiful themes, notifications, great looking app.

Nah, not for $2.99. I'll stick with switching between the Twitter app and Tweetbot. What do you not like about Tweetbot? I like the official Twitter app, but I often need a dark theme for my eyes and hate all the ads.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Nah, not for $2.99. I'll stick with switching between the Twitter app and Tweetbot. What do you not like about Tweetbot? I like the official Twitter app, but I often need a dark theme for my eyes and hate all the ads.

I just get tired of using it. There's no "oomph" or personality about it. Plus, everyone else uses it and I just want something different.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Of both apps mentions, tweetbot and twitterefic, which one has the bookmarks feature? I love have my placeholder on my current app and I can just scroll up as I check my twitter feed. I don't like the newest tweet to show up but rather where I left off reading the night before etc.

Thank you for your response.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Twitterrific is nice but it won't ever NEVER pull more than about 80 tweets for me, even with backgrounding on. Never.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

db31261db0bfd144eb604cdb8f6e77aa.jpg

ababcb1b3f68df52a1a5067cabfe601f.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member