will cotto

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
So wen I give my son my phone I don't have to worry bout him going into apps I don't want him in ..just to b able to lock any stick app

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So wen I give my son my phone I don't have to worry bout him going into apps I don't want him in ..just to b able to lock any stick app

If there's just one app you want him to use, try Guided Access in accessibility. You can lock him into one app, and he can't go anywhere else. For example, if he's playing a game, he has to stay on that game unless you change which app he's on. If you have never used Guided Access, I suggest you check it out. It comes in handy also if you let someone like a friend use your phone for something specific. They can't snoop around.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Have you looked at the Restrictions setting? It doesn't lock down "stock apps" per se, but you can lock down a lot of functionality so that i requires a pass code to access. It many not be exactly what you want, but it might be a step towards that end.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked at the Restrictions setting? It doesn't lock down "stock apps" per se, but you can lock down a lot of functionality so that i requires a pass code to access. It many not be exactly what you want, but it might be a step towards that end.

Can you set the Restrictions so a pass code is required to change any of the settings? I need to do this for my daughters 5s, but want to make sure she can't turn off location services on the phone....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Can you set the Restrictions so a pass code is required to change any of the settings? I need to do this for my daughters 5s, but want to make sure she can't turn off location services on the phone....

I don't think so, but there is a setting for enabling/disabling location settings. It's pretty granular in that way.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so, but there is a setting for enabling/disabling location settings. It's pretty granular in that way.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

is there a way to set this passwork protected so she can't change it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77