Why does the 'Photos' app duplicate video's??

Targaryen007

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
When I record a video on my iPhone camera, why is it placed in 'Camera Roll' as well as in another separate 'Video's' folder??
Wouldn't 1 folder be enough?

- Is there a way to only have your video placed in either 'Camera Roll' OR 'Video's'... instead of both folders?? :confused:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I record a video on my iPhone camera, why is it placed in 'Camera Roll' as well as in another separate 'Video's' folder??
Wouldn't 1 folder be enough?

- Is there a way to only have your video placed in either 'Camera Roll' OR 'Video's'... instead of both folders?? :confused:

So will panoramic photos. It's nothing to be concerned about. It makes it easy to find your videos

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Targaryen007

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the 'it makes it easier to find' part... but they could have just used 1 folder to store ALL your video's, instead of all your photos & videos in folder A as well as having those exact same videos in a serarate folder B.

It's kinda double, if you ask me?
I would have liked to have ALL the videos just put into folder B, and leave those in folder A.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the 'it makes it easier to find' part... but they could have just used 1 folder to store ALL your video's, instead of all your photos & videos in folder A as well as having those exact same videos in a serarate folder B.

It's kinda double, if you ask me?
I would have liked to have ALL the videos just put into folder B, and leave those in folder A.

That's the complaint many had that caused Apple to do away with the camera roll. The backlash from users caused them to bring it back. It is what it is. If you want photos and videos only in an album but not on the camera roll, use a 3rd party app. You can use cloud based apps like Box,Dropbox and OneDrive or local photo album apps like MyPhoto. Set up albums in MyPhoto then delete from the camera roll. But you can't have them in the stock album in photos and delete from camera roll. Why do you want to do that?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Because Apple think that it will help you to find the videos/pictures which you use that device to record/take pictures easily (I think so)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal