Need a quality Email app.

MadMikeD

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm recently new to Apple. I switched over about three weeks ago and everything works well. Only problem I'm having is finding an email app that works like it should.

I have my phone contacts syncing with my google contacts account and it works perfectly. However, email apps don't seem to function so well.

Here is what I've tried:

Gmail- App setup properly but the autocomplete field when typing in recipients name gets stuck on searching.

Apple mail- doesn't support push

Inbox- works well just not a fan of the bundling.

Outlook- my favorite, but any new contacts added to my account will not show up in outlook contact list unless I uninstall and reinstall the program. I contacted there support and there was no fix at this time.

Mailbox- deleted contacts still remain in autocomplete field. Autocomplete field also contains contacts not even in my list.

Anyone have another solution? I just want the program to work with my contacts list.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you want to but a work around is to forward your email to iCloud so you have push. Not sure what else would work as I don't use Gmail.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Ya gmail and inbox would be great if the mail was scaled like the apple mail app. The emails on gmail and in inbox are so tiny that you have to zoom in all the time...such useless apps. I think that Google does this on purpose on ios.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I see your that being a problem with Outlook. It's my favorite as well and if you really like it you only need about 30 seconds to uninstall and reinstall. Boxer is a really good one also. That's the one I used before I switched to Outlook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMikeD

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply's everyone. I'm a long time android user so it is really hard to change my email now. This is why I'm trying to get this working with gmail.

Ya gmail and inbox would be great if the mail was scaled like the apple mail app. The emails on gmail and in inbox are so tiny that you have to zoom in all the time...such useless apps. I think that Google does this on purpose on ios.

Actually, I have found that most of the google stuff looks far better on Ios than android. Kind of sad for Android if you think about it.

I see your that being a problem with Outlook. It's my favorite as well and if you really like it you only need about 30 seconds to uninstall and reinstall. Boxer is a really good one also. That's the one I used before I switched to Outlook.

Do you have the same problem with newly added contacts not showing up?

Since when does Apple Mail not support push?

For some reason the push with my Gmail doesn't work so I have to set it to fetch and the shortest interval is 15 minutes. Is there another way to have the apple mail app accept from Gmail without fetching.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong.

Push gmail doesn't work with IOS, it ended a while ago. Most people don't notice it with the fetch on every 15 minutes. If you froward it to include you can still have it save to the gmail server for when your on a Mac or PC.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Gmail set to fetch once an hour. Most of my mail is junk anyway. If I get any mail labeled VIP, I get notified. You can route Gmail through iCloud mail. But I don't know how that's done.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply's everyone. I'm a long time android user so it is really hard to change my email now. This is why I'm trying to get this working with gmail.

Actually, I have found that most of the google stuff looks far better on Ios than android. Kind of sad for Android if you think about it.

For some reason the push with my Gmail doesn't work so I have to set it to fetch and the shortest interval is 15 minutes. Is there another way to have the apple mail app accept from Gmail without fetching.

I would have to disagree gmail 5.0 material design on Android is much better than the hard to read ios gmail. I Don't think they will release it on ios, since gmail will eventually all be inbox.

MadMikeD

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I would have to disagree gmail 5.0 material design on Android is much better than the hard to read ios gmail. I Don't think they will release it on ios, since gmail will eventually all be inbox.

You may be right. I never really used gmail on the ios because it failed to work right. I used it on Android only because I was too lazy to look at other options. Other google apps do look better though.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Yep I sure have. I guess it's not that big a deal for me but I totally understand how it can be for some.

MadMikeD

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I really like the mailbox app as well. I just don't like the fact that it adds other recipients email addresses to my autocomplete field. After a while putting someones email address in can be cumbersome when its pulling up 100's of email addresses of which most are not in my contacts list.

For now I will probably stick with Inbox or the Apple mail app.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I really like the mailbox app as well. I just don't like the fact that it adds other recipients email addresses to my autocomplete field. After a while putting someones email address in can be cumbersome when its pulling up 100's of email addresses of which most are not in my contacts list.

For now I will probably stick with Inbox or the Apple mail app.

I hated that with a passion.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Regarding push, I do receive emails from my work Exchange account via the built-in email app almost as soon as they are sent. And usually before my desktop Outlook client even receives them. Not sure if that's push or not, but it sure seems like it.

I tried Outlook, but found that I actually don't mind the built-in email app at all. Seems to meet my needs just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234