Calendar Apps

chevyboy2285

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
What is the best calendar app that will sync between the iPhone and your laptop? I use the one on the phone but sometimes have issues so I figured I'd try something else as well. Thanks.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Fantastical.

However, I am using Fantastical 2 on my iPhone/iPad and Fantastical (original, NOT Fantastical 2) on my Macs. Fantastical 2 is a $40 upgrade. #ouch

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What laptop are you using? Mac or Windows? I use stock with Mac and iPhone as well as fantastical. I also use original fantastical but won't upgrade to the new one until they come to their senses and drop the price.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
iCal has the option to see whole months appointments with text in each day explaining what's scheduled. On fantastical 2 you only see dots and you have to click the day open to see what you have in there. So all in all, if I can see all with one glance it beats "dot view" every time.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
iCal has the option to see whole months appointments with text in each day explaining what's scheduled. On fantastical 2 you only see dots and you have to click the day open to see what you have in there. So all in all, if I can see all with one glance it beats "dot view" every time.

I've seen screen shots of Fantastical 2 that show otherwise. But with that said, the $40 upgrade is outrageous.

View attachment 79209

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use fantastical 2 on my iPhone. Regular calendar app on my Mac as others have said. Too much of an upgrade price for something I just don't use that much of on my Mac.

FarookhBA

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have two app, which i can really recommend - miCal from entwicklungsschmiede and Calendars (or Calendars 5) from Readdle.
What?s for me the most important by the calendar - i need to see in week or month view directly planned meetings, not just dots as by other calendar apps.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Meant to say aCal, which is free (ad) or 5? for full. Fantastical 2 has whole month view on desktop yes, I wish they implemented it on mobile version too.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
What is the best calendar app that will sync between the iPhone and your laptop? I use the one on the phone but sometimes have issues so I figured I'd try something else as well. Thanks.

Your question lacks definition, what is it you want the app to accomplish, what issues do you have, what iPhone model, do you need Reminders to show in calendar views, are you using advance task manager service like Toodledo, etc. ? Do you want free or paid ? Are you using Apple calendar (iCal) or Google - or do you even care ?

I use Google calendars (multiple accounts) for my work and family's calendars (my wife and I are sharing our personal calendars with each other), and Toodledo for task management (Reminders doesn't work for me because it doesn't support task Start date and most of the projects I work on take more than one day to complete, so it's essential to plan a start date for each).

So far I found two calendars that support Toodledo sync. One is Pocket Informant and another is PlanBe. PI is very powerful and choke full of features but it can be a bit overwhelming; also I have an older iPhone 4s and it takes a bit long to cold start on it (6-7 sec).

PlanBe is simpler, a tad faster, and with a cleaner interface, but a little less featured. Both are very good.

If you're OK with using Google tasks, which are as simple as Reminders, there's a great free calendar called Jorte. It supports Google calendar and Google tasks, and has a nice clean interface. It will show tasks from one lists in Calendar, but it won't combine tasks from different lists, you have to switch between lists manually. I don't know if it supports Reminders, worth to check it out anyway.

If you want to stick with Apple calendar and Apple reminders, any of the above programs will work, and I think pretty much any of the iOS store calendars.

If you want to sync to your laptop, as opposed to accessing calendars online, assuming you have a PC, the simplest way if you use Google calendar is via Chrome, I believe it supports offline access to calendar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711