BBM vs IMessage

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about iOS but pictures in group chats appear inline on BBM for Android. That isn't the case with Windows Phone BBM.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Inline pics in group chats is supported in the iOS version. I've noticed iOS gets new BBM features as soon as or even before BB10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's an example on Android BBM group.
c2521048ae01837df8f633fd2fc1e3f6.jpg

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah gotcha. It's a recent thing.
Too late for us. We've been on WhatsApp for months.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Out of the contacts with whom I used to communicate with BBM, only one remains. And we use Skype. I've used BBM voice a total of maybe three times since everyone I know, except for that contact, prefers WhatsApp. NOBODY I know was happy with the spam on BBM. ALL my groups I belong to have moved to WhatsApp because it's cross.! platform and doesn't spam the hell out of you.
And really?!?!?? BBM is NOT WORTH .99 a month.
BlackBerry got all the money out of me they're ever going to get. I'm not willing to help them get out of the holethey got themselves into through arrogance and lack of vision.

I don't pay for BBM on android. What do you pay .99 for? And why is this discussion making you so angry?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well we should get a brief respite from the BlackBerry fanbois. The earnings report is due any second so they'll ge reacting elsewhere. God willing.......

What makes someone who uses BBM a fanboi? I have a Nexus 6. I just like BBM for messaging.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't pay for BBM on android. What do you pay .99 for? And why is this discussion making you so angry?

We had been discussing spam on BBM. There is the option of getting spam free BBM at a cost of .99 per month.

As to why this is making me angry is BlackBerry driving itself into the ground through inefficiency and lack of vision and execution. Having to pay .99 a month to avoid getting spam is a ridiculous solution. A yearly subscription, perhaps. If I had enough contacts left to merit it. But a month is asinine.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
We had been discussing spam on BBM. There is the option of getting spam free BBM at a cost of .99 per month.

As to why this is making me angry is BlackBerry driving itself into the ground through inefficiency and lack of vision and execution. Having to pay .99 a month to avoid getting spam is a ridiculous solution. A yearly subscription, perhaps. If I had enough contacts left to merit it. But a month is asinine.

I like BBM as an IM and communication tool, but I have to agree the ad spam is annoying and they are asking too much to suppress them.

The ads are intrusive and excessive. I get shop notifications daily, ads in my feed daily, and sponsored invites maybe once a week. It's over the top, IMO.

I much prefer iMessage and FaceTime. Seamlessly integrated with iOS, and the majority of people I communicate with on a regular basis use them. And no ads!

I use BBM primarily to communicate with family members who are still using BB devices. But nobody else I know is even remotely interested in using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR