Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts

Default Re: BBM vs IMessage

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I bought it used from a friend who couldn't stand it.

And no kidding the keyboard is glorious. Buttery cushiony with the perfect clickiness. And yes I do adapt easily because I use so many different devices.

The battery is the same as my iPhone. No difference. One day consistently. So already I know the iPhone 6+ will be better.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Well ... another device added on your collection hahahaha
    qbnkelt likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,121 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hendri kusliawan View Post
    Well ... another device added on your collection hahahaha
    Yup. And being being able to debunk for myself the lies the acolytes tell.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Just to clarify for those that don't know, BBM is encrypted end to end out of the proverbial box.
    You can purchase an added level of encryption if you wish, which is known as BBM protect.

There are many reasons why it's the best platform for IM but don't take my word for it.

BBM Is Better Than Apple?s iMessage Says BlackBerry, And Here's Why | Redmond Pie

I've never received any spam on BBM but that may just be my experience.

Just some facts and my 0.02$.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Just to clarify for those that don't know, BBM is encrypted end to end out of the proverbial box.
    You can purchase an added level of encryption if you wish, which is known as BBM protect.
    While I agree BBM is one of the best messengers available - it has many features that other messengers simply dont have - it is not accurate to say it is end-to-end encrypted out of the box.

It is encrypted with TLS to and from BB infrastructure, however, like facebook messenger, skype, snapchat and other similar services, BBM is not end-to-end encrypted such that the provider cannot access the message content when required by a warrant.

Between Blackberry 10 devices, an additional global key is used to further secure the data to and from the Blackberry Infrastructure. But again, this key does not prevent Blackberry from accessing the messages when required by a warrant.

The only way to get end-to-end encryption on BBM is to purchase BBM Protected from their enterprise store (as you already mention). This service adds a 2nd layer of encryption to the data (or 3rd layer in the case of BB10 to BB10 messages). Additionally, the encryption key exchange is brokered solely on the devices, providing end-to-end encryption which cannot be intercepted by the BB infrastructure.

Cheers
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234