Ah gotcha. It's a recent thing.
    Too late for us. We've been on WhatsApp for months.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    03-27-2015 11:28 PM
    What about kik?
    04-01-2015 01:55 PM
    What about kik?
    Didn't know it was still around. I thought WhatsApp had really damaged their popularity.

04-02-2015 04:56 AM
    Out of the contacts with whom I used to communicate with BBM, only one remains. And we use Skype. I've used BBM voice a total of maybe three times since everyone I know, except for that contact, prefers WhatsApp. NOBODY I know was happy with the spam on BBM. ALL my groups I belong to have moved to WhatsApp because it's cross.! platform and doesn't spam the hell out of you.
    And really?!?!?? BBM is NOT WORTH .99 a month.
    BlackBerry got all the money out of me they're ever going to get. I'm not willing to help them get out of the holethey got themselves into through arrogance and lack of vision.
    I don't pay for BBM on android. What do you pay .99 for? And why is this discussion making you so angry?
    04-07-2015 07:53 PM
    yup, voice calls work wonderfully through FaceTime voice.
    Thanks. Is that cross platform or apple only?
    04-07-2015 07:57 PM
    Well we should get a brief respite from the BlackBerry fanbois. The earnings report is due any second so they'll ge reacting elsewhere. God willing.......
    What makes someone who uses BBM a fanboi? I have a Nexus 6. I just like BBM for messaging.
    04-07-2015 07:59 PM
    I don't pay for BBM on android. What do you pay .99 for? And why is this discussion making you so angry?
    We had been discussing spam on BBM. There is the option of getting spam free BBM at a cost of .99 per month.

As to why this is making me angry is BlackBerry driving itself into the ground through inefficiency and lack of vision and execution. Having to pay .99 a month to avoid getting spam is a ridiculous solution. A yearly subscription, perhaps. If I had enough contacts left to merit it. But a month is asinine.

04-08-2015 06:01 AM
    What makes someone who uses BBM a fanboi? I have a Nexus 6. I just like BBM for messaging.
    Kindly point out where I said using BBM made you a fanboi.

04-08-2015 06:02 AM
    Double. Quoted instead of edited.
    04-08-2015 06:06 AM
    We had been discussing spam on BBM. There is the option of getting spam free BBM at a cost of .99 per month.

As to why this is making me angry is BlackBerry driving itself into the ground through inefficiency and lack of vision and execution. Having to pay .99 a month to avoid getting spam is a ridiculous solution. A yearly subscription, perhaps. If I had enough contacts left to merit it. But a month is asinine.

I like BBM as an IM and communication tool, but I have to agree the ad spam is annoying and they are asking too much to suppress them.

The ads are intrusive and excessive. I get shop notifications daily, ads in my feed daily, and sponsored invites maybe once a week. It's over the top, IMO.

I much prefer iMessage and FaceTime. Seamlessly integrated with iOS, and the majority of people I communicate with on a regular basis use them. And no ads!

I use BBM primarily to communicate with family members who are still using BB devices. But nobody else I know is even remotely interested in using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-08-2015 07:41 AM
    Double. Quoted instead of edited.
    You're forgiven!
    I don't even know anyone, family or friends, who use BBM. I don't even know anyone who uses WhatsApp. We're all content with iMesssge/SMS or Facebook Messenger.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    qbnkelt likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:48 AM
    I like BBM as an IM and communication tool, but I have to agree the ad spam is annoying and they are asking too much to suppress them.

The ads are intrusive and excessive. I get shop notifications daily, ads in my feed daily, and sponsored invites maybe once a week. It's over the top, IMO.

I much prefer iMessage and FaceTime. Seamlessly integrated with iOS, and the majority of people I communicate with on a regular basis use them. And no ads!

I use BBM primarily to communicate with family members who are still using BB devices. But nobody else I know is even remotely interested in using it.

I've got one contact who won't use anything but BBM. The rest of my contacts are on iMessage or WhatsApp now.
    Not worth a buck a month.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 04-08-2015 at 08:17 AM.
    04-08-2015 07:50 AM
    You're forgiven!
    I don't even know anyone, family or friends, who use BBM. I don't even know anyone who uses WhatsApp. We're all content with iMesssge/SMS or Facebook Messenger.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Yah I use WhatsApp because I'm really cross platform. I do have it on my Note and my Lumia. And not everyone is willing to install BBM.

This attempt to monetise BBM is angering even some BlackBerry loyalists.

04-08-2015 07:51 AM

That makes sense.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-08-2015 11:03 AM
    Kindly point out where I said using BBM made you a fanboi.

I thought you were insinuating the BBM users in the thread were BB fanbois. I apologize if I misconstrued your comment.

04-08-2015 11:05 AM
    I thought you were insinuating the BBM users in the thread were BB fanbois. I apologize if I misconstrued your comment.

No worries. No foul.

Since I'm a BBM user, however minimally, I would have defined myself as a fan girl if I'd made that association.

And in 2015 I'm hardly a BlackBerry fan girl. Up until the 9900 yah I loved the phones and the company. My love has died slowly and surely over the last three years.

04-08-2015 11:11 AM
    It's a shame. I also used to use it but I'm just tired of the spam. I'm not paying $1 a month. It's the principal. I don't care what it costs.

Last edited by zerog46; 04-08-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    04-08-2015 11:16 AM
    Yup. It's downright insulting.
    I just bought a used Passport from a friend who was about to destroy it. She'd bought it on contract. So I gave her 150 which she will use towards an iPhone 6.
    And even on the super dooper Passport it COSTS you to not get spammed.
    Attachment 79589

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    04-08-2015 01:29 PM
    And by the way....these claims of AMAZING FANTASTIC battery life......Same battery life as my iPhone 6.

zerog46 likes this.
    04-08-2015 01:31 PM
    And by the way....these claims of AMAZING FANTASTIC battery life......Same battery life as my iPhone 6.

What pathetic marketing BB is doing these days focuses on "productivity". They're downright lying about battery life and the ability to get work done on iPhone. It's sad, really. That they've been reduced to this miserable state in the handset market.

04-08-2015 09:15 PM
    What pathetic marketing BB is doing these days focuses on "productivity". They're downright lying about battery life and the ability to get work done on iPhone. It's sad, really. That they've been reduced to this miserable state in the handset market.

It doesn't seem to really matter.
    Blackberry sold only 4.7 million bb10 devices last year, it's beyond pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    04-09-2015 06:14 AM
    ha ,,,,,,,,, when will these ios vs bb stuff end, so many hatred detected between these 2 os users hahahahhaa

btw +qbnkelt , do you like passport keypad ?
    04-10-2015 02:49 PM
    ha ,,,,,,,,, when will these ios vs bb stuff end, so many hatred detected between these 2 os users hahahahhaa

btw +qbnkelt , do you like passport keypad ?
    The Passport keyboard is incredible. It is a pleasure to use.

Sadly, it's attached to the Passport. A phone with no native apps. And with a very buggy OS, where you're subjected to a flickering display reminiscent of a dying 1950s TV set. And a contact app that duplicates contacts like overly amorous Tribbles. And a camera that BlackBerry STILL cannot get right. And a desktop manager that is marginally better than the last time I used it. And a BlackBerry Assistant that is equal to Siri after she's had 15 too many pints. And an OMG TREMENDOUSLY AWESOME battery life that I've already got on my iPhone 6; the iPhone 6+ will kill it.

It was worth the 150 I paid for it. Not a penny more.

As to the enmity between the OS platform users....if you had my experiences you would know why.

Slammers08 and mikeo007 like this.
    04-10-2015 03:26 PM
    The Passport keyboard is incredible. It is a pleasure to use.

Sadly, it's attached to the Passport. A phone with no native apps. And with a very buggy OS, where you're subjected to a flickering display reminiscent of a dying 1950s TV set. And a contact app that duplicates contacts like overly amorous Tribbles. And a camera that BlackBerry STILL cannot get right. And a desktop manager that is marginally better than the last time I used it. And a BlackBerry Assistant that is equal to Siri after she's had 15 too many pints. And an OMG TREMENDOUSLY AWESOME battery life that I've already got on my iPhone 6; the iPhone 6+ will kill it.

It was worth the 150 I paid for it. Not a penny more.

As to the enmity between the OS platform users....if you had my experiences you would know why.

Really ? do you need times to adapt compare to normal keypad ? I tried several times on show unit, I find it hard to use, but i'm still curious about it, and I fond of the large screen for my documents reading (no phone with big screen and physical keyboard handset for this moment)

About the flickering screen and os performance, i think it will not much different with my q10.

and for the battery life, really, I don't know you're being sacarsm or serious. Please enlight me hahahaha

you bought that with 150 contracted or unlocked ? very good deal , tell me if you want to sell for 100 wakakkakakakkaka
    04-10-2015 04:24 PM
    Really ? do you need times to adapt compare to normal keypad ? I tried several times on show unit, I find it hard to use, but i'm still curious about it, and I fond of the large screen for my documents reading (no phone with big screen and physical keyboard handset for this moment)

About the flickering screen and os performance, i think it will not much different with my q10.

and for the battery life, really, I don't know you're being sacarsm or serious. Please enlight me hahahaha

you bought that with 150 contracted or unlocked ? very good deal , tell me if you want to sell for 100 wakakkakakakkaka
    I bought it used from a friend who couldn't stand it.

And no kidding the keyboard is glorious. Buttery cushiony with the perfect clickiness. And yes I do adapt easily because I use so many different devices.

The battery is the same as my iPhone. No difference. One day consistently. So already I know the iPhone 6+ will be better.

04-10-2015 04:32 PM
79 1234