Audio Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Audio Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary is now on sale!
Available for iPhone and iPad on the App Store for only $1.99.
The Audio Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary provides definitions for about 170,000 words, phrases and examples and is compiled to offer what learners need most in a dictionary. The Third Edition offers new, up-to-date vocabulary (e.g. sex up, speed-dating, whiteboard), new 'mini-collocation' boxes, and new frequency information to highlight the most important words to learn. The new Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary gives you everything you need to learn English and pass exams!
* Over 170,000 words, phrases and examples
* Over 79,800 high-quality English audio recordings with UK and US English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Cambridge University Press
* All the important new words that have come into the language (e.g. dirty bomb, lairy, 9/11, clickable)
* Only words from a defining vocabulary used to help make definitions easy to understand
* Over 90,000 examples, mainly full sentences, show you how English is used in context and help you write natural English.
* 25,000 collocations show the way words work together in English
* Automatic recognition of inflected forms
* You will find newly added Illustrations and photos to illustrate the word definitions.
* Common grammar and style and usage labels included
* NEW! Examples included in the word definitions show you how to use words in the most natural and fluent way.
Please rate this app and provide feedback, we are looking at ways to improve our apps and enhance your user experience!