What do you all think of the new Outlook for iOS app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Outlook

If one's primary email account is on an Exchange server the Outlook app is probably a good thing to use... :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's formerly the Acompli app, isn't it? Anyway, thus far it is working well on my iPhone 6 Plus, and I am only using it to access my Outlook.com account.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

They said it's not a replacement but a whole new app for that old one.

Well, they flat out lied because it looks and functions exactly the way it did when it was called Acompli, in my opinion...;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha, I never used either one, I was thinking about trying this one out tonight.

I understand, and it's actually a pretty good email app. Having said that, I'm not sure how long I'll keep using it for my Outlook.com account being that the native Mail app is more than sufficient for all of my emailing needs.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I understand, and it's actually a pretty good email app. Having said that, I'm not sure how long I'll keep using it for my Outlook.com account being that the native Mail app is more than sufficient for all of my emailing needs.

That has always been my thoughts, All I do with email is read it and sort it, the native app does this fine for all my accounts.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Well Microsoft did buy Acompli.

Yep, that's what I thought., and the only change I can see is in regard to the name and branding. Everything else appear to be exactly as it were under the Acompli brand, but that's also a good thing...;)

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm not really sure what the big deal is. I went back to using the built in app for iPad Air II. I didn't even bother to install it on my iPhone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a good app with a nice UI, but I prefer the Mail app. No need for an extra app that uses up my storage to do the same thing that a native app can do. Just my 2 cents.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I am now using this app as my only email app for Gmail, Outlook.com, and iCloud.

Yesterday I saw on iMore/AC about the Outlook app. Then I saw read this;

The best Gmail app for the iPhone is now made by Microsoft | The Verge

Then I read this;
Microsoft Outlook For iPhone - Business Insider

Then this morning I read this;
Outlook For iOS Better Than Gmail - Business Insider

So I set it all up to try it out. I've only been using it for a few hours now and I think I'm going to use only this app now. Really because the Gmail app is so bad, I want my Gmail to push, and I would like to only have to use a single app.

Thank you Microsoft.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Outlook for my Calendar, email, and contacts, so this seemed perfect and I decided to give it a try.

It's a very nice app, I like how the contacts, calendar, email are all in one app, quite fast too.

I did uninstall it for a couple of minor reasons, one the alert tone is the default iOS tone and cannot be changed also the calendar only shows today and agenda views.

To those that don't care about these two points, I highly recommend it. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Tried it and removed it. I use exchange for work and as far as email it's fine but searching email from any period back is to painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR