What do you all think of the new Outlook for iOS app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

headgamer

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to successfully install and configure my Outlook.com account via the Outlook for iOS app like I had previously. I didn't do anything differently. I used the Outllook.com option instead of the Exchange option, enter my username and regular passcode. It then prompted me for the last 4 digits of my associated phone number, it sent me the verification code, and when I entered it, it began setting up my account within the app.

I do the EXACT same thing, and end up with this every single time:

IMG_0105.png

FRUSTATING!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do the EXACT same thing, and end up with this every single time:

View attachment 77729

FRUSTATING!

I can only assume that there's a problem either with your account or via the method in which you're trying to connect. Uninstall the app, reboot your iPhone, and then re-download the app and try again. Also, configure the account via the Native Mail app to see if you're successful.

Don Bennett

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
It's unfortunate you can't clear the cache or individually delete "People" you've emailed once and don't need to save their info. And where are contacts from mail accounts added to the app. It is a promising improvement to Safari browser access to webmail, but I prefer to keep the native iOS exclusively for corporate account and it's nice to have an alternate client/app for Outlook.com and Gmail accounts.

Bakerboy2253

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
So far so good, I have slowly switched over to the outlook app. The nice part is that how everything is together, email, calendar and people/contacts, it even pre-downloads attachments into a folder. I am not flipping from one app to another app for appointments/calendar events or to make a phone call. If I really want to pick at the app, I would say the color of the “type” is not true black, it kind of has a gray tint, so my 51 year old eyes, like the look of the native app only because it’s a little easier to read.

When attaching a picture, the native app, actually keeps it as a attachment, the outlook app, embeds it into the email. The native also allows you to pick/change the size of the file, outlook doesn't. Not really a big deal on either.

So far I’m digging it!

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thumbs up works the way I like. I don't allow apps to automatically update when connected to wifi so I should be good for while. Lessons learned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm undecided. Sometimes I like it more, sometimes less. It seems a bit sluggish at times on my 5, but not awful. I don't like that I can't set the poll rate for non-push accounts (or I'm blind). I had my gmail account in it for a while, but removed it because it started getting login errors even though nothing had changed with the account or the app config. I may try again to see if the recent updates resolved that.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I run three email apps on my phone.

Outlook for my email address I use to sign up to whatever I need online, and that's the one that would get in excess of fifty spam emails a day if I didn't have filters in place.

Gmail for my work email and work email alone, and

The native mail app for my personal email address.

That way I won't accidentally send work email from my personal email address and vice versa, like I did in the past before I separated them, and because of that, some work clients have my personal email address, which annoys the hell out of me.

I will never again use just one mail app.

I quite like the new Outlook app and I'd use it for other addresses if I didn't want to separate them out, as above.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I was excited about adding files in the app only to find out if you add a file from drop box it just inserts a link vs actually attaching the file ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, I had the same expectation. Having the option to insert a link is more than the native Mail app can do, but not quite the same as attaching a file. Maybe the capability to attach files to a message (new or a reply) in Outlook or the native Mail app will arrive one of these years.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to remove or hide the email contacts under the people tab? With the last update I got my contacts from all three email addresses dumped all together. Thanks!

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to remove or hide the email contacts under the people tab? With the last update I got my contacts from all three email addresses dumped all together. Thanks!

I had the same issue. I had been communicating with tech support regarding a problem with the Outlook app syncing with my iCloud email account, and also asked him about the ability to enable/disable Contacts on a per account basis. He said he submitted the feature request to the development team.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting used to it now. I've been using it on my iPad Air II and iPhone 6 Plus to review my work email (Office 365), and it does 'work'. Are there a few things I'd change about it? Most certainly; but, all in all, it works...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Now I actually use the app more and more. The only issue I have is on my iPad Air II. From time to time, I try to reply to an email, and then it locks up.
I have to kill the app, prior to being able to reply to said email…

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
As somebody who has been so involved in Windows Phone and Outlook's services for years, I have to say that the iOS app is just messy. It may be functional, but it's also baffling. And when I'm on the go, I don't want to have to fight with it to find what I need. I switched to the built-in app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal