App for iPhone like Llama for android?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like an app for my phone where I can set different location profiles. My boyfriend showed me how he controls this with Llama on his Android. I know Llama doesn't exist on iPhone, but is there one that is similar?

Thanks in advance! :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like an app for my phone where I can set different location profiles. My boyfriend showed me how he controls this with Llama on his Android. I know Llama doesn't exist on iPhone, but is there one that is similar?

Thanks in advance! :)

Could you explain what you mean by "location profile"? Do you mean like sharing your location?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Could you explain what you mean by "location profile"? Do you mean like sharing your location?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Something where the phone knows to change different settings based on where I am or what day it is, etc. For example, llama lets my bf set his droid to only turn wifi on when he's at home (doesn't keep it on when it knows he won't be using). Or turns off sounds m-f from 7-5 and uses vibrate only but then on weekends it stays on ring and vibrate all day. It's pretty slick! I typically keep mine on silent during the day but I forget to turn the sound back on at night and I end up missing calls. It'd be nice for it o automatically change.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I typically keep mine on silent during the day but I forget to turn the sound back on at night and I end up missing calls. It'd be nice for it o automatically change.
Do Not Disturb can be configured to turn on/off on a simple schedule... and you can configure it to allow certain people to always ring thru or give you a mail/text alert... and it can be easily be turned on/off situationally via swiping up the control panel and taping the icon...

downloaders

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I registered here just to clarify what the program does, as I also would like to have such an application on ios and if people understand exactly what this app is about, maybe someone can share it if they find one that does this.

The app is setup on rules. We have the basic ones, which are the time based ones, where you set the time you want your phone to enable or disable certain things like wifi, cellular, bluettoth, put into silent mode, etc etc etc.

Then, there is the more interesting part for me which is the cell phone tower based rules. This works based on the cellphone tower you are currently connected to. Let me give an example on how i used it (back in the day on a nokia with symbian)
I want to set my phone to silent at work, so i tell the application to scan for cell phone towers. You walk around in your office and it stores the cellphone towers numbers that are around your work area. Then you give that group of cell towers a name, like "work".
Now you can setup a rule that goes when in location "work", set the phone to silent. So whenever you come near your work, the phone is set to silent, and when you leave, its set back to whatever it was.

For me, the beauty of this system is that if you set a rule by time of the day, when there is a national holiday or your are on vacations, or you have to work later, you have to disable the rule. With this system you would never have to care about setting the phone to silent at work ever again.

OK, i will stop now, as i sound like a salesman, its just that i used a program like this one 15 years ago on a nokia and have ever since tried to find one that does the same, first on android and now on ios, and there was simply NOTHING..

So, hope I could help someone out by explaining this and if you see something like this for ios, tell us ;)

PS: ITTT or "do not disturb" are very very limited in comparison to this.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I registered here just to clarify what the program does, as I also would like to have such an application on ios and if people understand exactly what this app is about, maybe someone can share it if they find one that does this.

I don't think it's possible on iOS, as I don't think developers have access to system functions like they do with Android or even BlackBerry.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yep, this is exactly what I'm looking for and why I wish we had an app for iOS that could compare!

Noragretz

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I also think this doesn't exist on ios because of apples limited control to the developers. But I would even jailbreak for this :)

Cheers

Old post, maybe you are still looking... But the jailbreak app called SBProfiles does all this. Usually it is slow to get updated right after a new jailbreak. But I've been using it for around 5 years. One profile is set to trigger my phone automatically go into silent mode when it connects to my work wifi, and to go to a normal mode when it is no longer connected to my work wifi. You can use it for location too, but I usually keep my location turned off. Hope this helps you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner