SwiftKey & Themes

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
What does everyone think about SwiftKey & Themes? The mentioned it during CES2015.
Are you currently using SwiftKey on your iOS device?

I've tried in the past, but it always seemed to cause one issue or another, thus I uninstalled it.
What say you?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used SwiftKey for a little while and themes are nice, but I use TouchPal which already has themes....it works for ME

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I love swiftkey on android. Best keyboard without a doubt. I keep trying to use it on iOS and too often the keyboard will just switch back to stock. Depends on the app. It drives me crazy though so I have given up on 3rd party keyboards for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love swiftkey on android. Best keyboard without a doubt. I keep trying to use it on iOS and too often the keyboard will just switch back to stock. Depends on the app. It drives me crazy though so I have given up on 3rd party keyboards for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same reason why I switched back to the stock keyboard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey is my main keyboard now. I use the dark theme because it's easy on my eyes. I like the predictive feature. I think that feature is better than the predictive feature on the stock keyboard. The stock keyboard keeps bringing up email addresses when I don't want them. With SwiftKey, there's no need for shortcuts. It's memory is amazing. I can type 2 characters of my email address and the entire email address shows in the center predictive box. Also, if you have unwanted words or word mistakes, you can delete them from the predictive dictionary individually, rather than having to delete the entire keyboard dictionary like you have to do with the stock keyboard. The only negative is an occasional messages app freeze up. But it's not a big deal. I really like using SwiftKey. The holiday theme was nice.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

leannelizabeth1

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I used Swiftkey on my LG G3. That was the phone I had before the got the 6 Plus. Swiftkey is great on an Android phone. It is very limited on iOS. I've tried it and got frustrated with it, especially knowing how great it is on Android. Therefore, I am sticking with the stock iOS keyboard.

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using the SwiftKey app to type this with serious uncanny predictions. Once the app has been given the opportunity to learn the way one types, messages and email address can be completed with only a couple of letters and tapping words on the prediction bar. Phenomenal word predictions and my keyboard of choice on every phone I've owned.

bsmith0731

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Swiftkey on IOS is years behind the android app. Apparently Swiftkey will follow the android steps one by one instead of making their IOS equal to Android.. Smh it's a big disappointment

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This drives me bananas too. Is there a way to "fix" this? For me: 90% stock keyboard; 10% SwiftKey.
Don't know. I went into my shortcuts in settings and deleted a few and changed some to better keep it from popping up, but it still happens. Sometimes an email will pop up with a word beside it. I have no idea what that's about. It frustrates me so much, I just stick to SwiftKey. Other than an occasional freeze up with the messages app. It works better for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This drives me bananas too. Is there a way to "fix" this? For me: 90% stock keyboard; 10% SwiftKey, although SK's predictability is second to none.
I was busy earlier. I'm out of town with my son, who had back surgery yesterday. He's 27. Anyway, here's what probably needs to be done to fix this email issue.
1. Do like I did and either delete or change shortcuts that won't lead to anything other than the email. For example. If you use sanibel@icloud.com, and you use sa as your shortcut, then every word that begins with sa will pop up the email address. So I now use shortcuts that nothing else would use. Like @@, or ??. Anything another word would not use. But that's not enough. I think all the old shortcuts are still in the dictionary memory. So..
2. Reset the dictionary. Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
Hopefully that would work. I have yet to test that by resetting the dictionary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice