Tapatalk update

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of leaving the beta for 4.1. This build is too annoying. I had hoped it would be updated overnight. But it was not.
William Yang is talking about a new build, so I'll wait a while.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My unread view is also misbehaving.

Yeah, it's all screwed up. I deleted the beta and attempted to use the official app (dated June 1, 2015), but after logging in, they've screwed up the process of selecting the forums I want and requires you select a sub-forum to subscribe to before allowing you to move to the next screen. Forget that crap! I immediately deleted the official app and reinstalled the latest beta. I'll tolerate using it for now.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's all screwed up. I deleted the beta and attempted to use the official app (dated June 1, 2015), but after logging in, they've screwed up the process of selecting the forums I want and requires you select a sub-forum to subscribe to before allowing you to move to the next screen. Forget that crap! I immediately deleted the official app and reinstalled the latest beta. I'll tolerate using it for now.

Sounds like they've screwed it all up. I'm really glad I didn't jump on the last beta.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like they've screwed it all up. I'm really glad I didn't jump on the last beta.

The issue I'm having with the latest beta are in regard to customizing the tabs and the app not refreshing properly at times. Other than that, it works well. It's definitely tolerable. Having said that, the dev have royally screwed up the initial setup process of the official Tapatalk app. I was unable to bypass their get-started screen to go about my business without having to join a sub-forum, etcetera. Of course, I could have un-joined it later, but it's an unnecessary process, in my opinion. I hope I'm making sense. I haven't had my coffee yet...:)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Since they cancelled pro, it's been going downhill with the app. According to this and many more threads, people aren't happy with Tapatalk as they used to be. And frankly, I don't and can't disagree with them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the official version over the beta and that allowed me to bypass the crap I mentioned above. I think I'll stick with this version for a while....maybe...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried going back to 4.1, but one of my main forums crashed the app each time I tried going there. So back to 4.2 beta.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I went back. But when I tapped on one of my fave forums, the app crashed every time. Odd. Only one out of 9 forums to crash the app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dunno! They must be having technical difficulties! I thought we'd see a fix by now. They're probably doing some internal testing that we don't see. They've been at it since January when the abominable 3.3 was released. They should just go back to the version prior to 3.3. There was nothing wrong with that. Everyone liked it. But NOOOOO! They had to screw it up. I wish there were an alternative to TapaTalk other than online. I have 9 forums on TapaTalk. I frequent 5 of those. IDK! Maybe it's taking Apple longer to approve it than usual.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW