Tapatalk update

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No issues here then again I don't get any notifications from the new tapatalk either so not really sure at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have had a bad / corrupted iOS installation. As I stated above, not only was I not getting any iMore notifications via the latest Tapatalk app, it wouldn't even show in the notification settings. I deleted the ipsw file from my MacBook and then restored my device as new via iTunes which caused iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.3 onto my iPhone 6 Plus. Not only do I have iMore notifications, the Tapatalk app appears in the notifications settings like it is suppose to. Can the process be an inconvenience? Of course, but the outcome, in my experience, has always been well worth it...;)

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You may have had a bad / corrupted iOS installation. As I stated above, not only was I not getting any iMore notifications via the latest Tapatalk app, it wouldn't even show in the notification settings. I deleted the ipsw file from my MacBook and then restored my device as new via iTunes which caused iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.3 onto my iPhone 6 Plus. Not only do I have iMore notifications, the Tapatalk app appears in the notifications settings like it is suppose to. Can the process be an inconvenience? Of course, but the outcome, in my experience, has always been well worth it...;)

Yeah I may take some time this weekend and do a new setup. It's been a while since I have done one.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Not that I want to tell you this but going back and forth between the two versions I never clicked the notifications on within the app

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I want to tell you this but going back and forth between the two versions I never clicked the notifications on within the app

Dude, are you for real?...(laughing)....It's all good, and I won't hold it against you ...;)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Dude, are you for real?...(laughing)....It's all good, and I won't hold it against you ...;)

Yup. Never even crossed my mind. All my notifications where showing up I just didn't see them until I went into the app.

All fixed now lol.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What are these options?
f377be083f65aa32d0ebddb4caf5f7cd.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having loading issues earlier. Everything, including images. Seems ok in the new beta just released.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No sir. I'm one of those people who get alerts all day every day, and I get excellent battery life.

No issues here then again I don't get any notifications from the new tapatalk either so not really sure at this point.

I haven't noticed a difference.

No difference in battery life for me on my iPad Air or my 5S. I get very good battery life on both.

tapped out from my iPad Air

Thank you all ladies & gents

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey pr1nce, how does a person get to test the beta Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can try. PM @Ken with your Apple ID email. You'll need to download TestFlight in the App Store. Then wait for an invite via email. They're allowed 1,000 invites by Apple with TestFlight. So who knows if they have 1,000 or not? Go to the TapaTalk Community Forum and PM @Ken here.
https://support.tapatalk.com/index....f-Tapatalk-on-iOS!-Post-Feedback-Here!.26789/

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Heck, thus far, I think this beta is ready for public release...;)...The minor quirks I noticed with v3.5 has surfaced with this beta release. It appears somewhat snappier, too.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still want easier access to mod tools. Sometimes you know what to do with a post without even clicking into it.

Good point. Speaking of mod tools, they should combine the two separate Mod menus into one. The one you access when tapping on a post and selecting "More" is not the same as the one you select from tapping on the 3 dots in the upper right corner.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73