Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    9,423 Global Posts

Default Re: Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Lets hire an assassin and eliminate the developers. And then find some decent programmers to keep Tapatalk alive and well.

Anyone with me?
    Little rough you think?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Default Tapatalk update

In case you didn't notice, the majority of people are complaining about this new Tapatalk. Ever since they discontinued the Pro version, people are unhappy.

But you can clearly see that the developers are too desperate to fix the problem, but by trying to do so, they are horribly failing.

The least someone can do is put them out of their misery. It's the humane thing to do
    Last edited by Tartarus; 03-14-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    9,423 Global Posts

I just loaded the new beta and was prompted that the app wants to send me notifications, which is good since I haven't had working notifications in ages for this app. New notifications show in the menu, but they won't clear after being checked. I have like 8 previous notifications that I can't get rid of. If I try swiping them, nothing. How do we clear them? Just over time they drop off??

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    I just loaded the new beta and was prompted that the app wants to send me notifications, which is good since I haven't had working notifications in ages for this app. New notifications show in the menu, but they won't clear after being checked. I have like 8 previous notifications that I can't get rid of. If I try swiping them, nothing. How do we clear them? Just over time they drop off??

Yeah, but I don't like them showing on the red badge on the flag at the bottom. I have all notifications turned off. I can check those without the number on there as a red badge. It's annoying to me.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

There's another new beta.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    There's another new beta.
    Thanks, I've downloaded it, but I probably won't be able to give it a test run until later tonight. I'm on my MacBook for the time being before I prepare for work.

Default Tapatalk update

My first post since updating the latest beta. Is it better? Let's see now!

Update: Yeah, seems faster and smoother. But that was just one comment post. Time will tell.
    Still those silly icon images. Wonder why they think we need or like those? Strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    My first post since updating the latest beta. Is it better? Let's see now!

Posting on iMore is still slow and the app freezes during the process. I've noticed that posting on the Tapatalk Community forum seems a bit snappier.

Posting on iMore is still slow and the app freezes during the process. I've noticed that posting on the Tapatalk Community forum seems a bit snappier.
    Working OK for me here. So far.

I'll try rebooting my 5s and see if that helps.

I closed the app and it's definitely faster now. I'll see if it lasts.

LOL, it seems the posting issues are coming back for me. Worked great right after updating. Now it's getting buggy again.

Another update already!
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

LOL, it seems the posting issues are coming back for me. Worked great right after updating. Now it's getting buggy again.

Me too. About to download the newest update that just rolled in.
    iMore Intermediate

Where do I sign up for beta and how does it work? On Android I'm a beta tester for several apps and there I upgrade as usual on play store. How does this work on iOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Me too. About to download the newest update that just rolled in.
    Me too. Just got it.

On the notifications list, do any of you notice you can't read the comments, then mark as read? I can't. I have to swipe to mark as read first, then read it. I wish the swipe also had a trash can option.

On the notifications list, do any of you notice you can't read the comments, then mark as read? I can't. I have to swipe to mark as read first, then read it. I wish the swipe also had a trash can option.

Are you saying that if you read the notification first the little blue strip on the left doesn't go away?

Are you saying that if you read the notification first the little blue strip on the left doesn't go away?
    That blue strip does go away. I'm talking about the whole notification. They remain. Maybe they're supposed to. But each time I get 1 new one, 35 shows on the red badge. I'm gonna swipe close this app and see if that does anything.

That blue strip does go away. I'm talking about the whole notification. They remain. Maybe they're supposed to. But each time I get 1 new one, 35 shows on the red badge. I'm gonna swipe close this app and see if that does anything.

No my notifications on the flag clear.

Maybe that worked. Prince, when you read a post, then go back to the notifications list, can you swipe it to mark as read? You said you didn't have to. But does it give you the option? Can you swipe left to mark as read after you read the post?

Maybe that worked. Prince, when you read a post, then go back to the notifications list, can you swipe it to mark as read? You said you didn't have to. But does it give you the option? Can you swipe left to mark as read after you read the post?

After I read a post I can not go back and swipe left to mark as read.

After I read a post I can not go back and swipe left to mark as read.
    LOL! So if I want to swipe and mark it as read, I have to do it before it's been read? Got it!

Default Tapatalk update

I still have the notification badge on mine and I have viewed the notifications page. It used to clear it, I'm pretty sure, and I don't want to have to swipe each one to clear I'm on the latest beta.

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    I still have the notification badge on mine and I have viewed the notifications page. It used to clear it, I'm pretty sure, and I don't want to have to swipe each one to clear I'm on the latest beta.
    When this update first started, it showed 35 notifications. I went down the list and tapped to read each. I didn't actually read them, but just got rid of the badge count. I didn't know at the time about the swipe. Anyhow, now when there's a notification, it shows 35 on the red badge. When I open the list page, it drops to the actual number of new notifications.

Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast