Tapatalk update

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't even want notifications. I keep most notifications for almost everything off. I was getting too many dings and dongs, so I turned it all off. LOL I get VIP email, text, calls, Calendar and reminder alerts, and a couple other things. Turned Facebook and Twitter off a long time ago. Enough was enough. I just don't want to be notified every time someone comments. I come to the site enough to see the comments. I practically live here. So if I've been away for awhile, I don't need my phone going ding dong or pop ups or banners and such every minute or two. And that's the truth! ☮
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423061371.108915.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you like this one. I did a swipe in notifications to delete it and now it's backwards lol.

03d33a5d1c808e2dfbaba7dab2f532cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey D, Yes I have Tapatalk listed in my notifications under settings.

tapped out from my iPad Air

Thanks, Pink....:)....I reset my Settings, but that didn't appear to help. Tapatalk v3.5 still won't display in the Notification settings and I'm still unable to receive notifications. I'm trying to troubleshoot from my end before I do a complete restore as new. My iPhone is not affected overall. I'm just trying to get iMore notifications via the Tapatalk app like I used to. Anyway, thanks again...;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm doubting you, but your screenshot doesn't show that Tapatalk isn't in your Notifications. They aren't in alphabetical order so it could be further up or down the list.

No problem, Karen. Maps is the last item on the list. If I don't find a solution by tonight, I'll restore it as new. I would do it earlier but today is my daughter's birthday and I'm on standby...;)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem, Karen. Maps is the last item on the list. If I don't find a solution by tonight, I'll restore it as new. I would do it earlier but today is my daughter's birthday and I'm on standby...;)

Happy Birthday to your daughter! :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Pink....:)....I reset my Settings, but that didn't appear to help. Tapatalk v3.5 still won't display in the Notification settings and I'm still unable to receive notifications. I'm trying to troubleshoot from my end before I do a complete restore as new. My iPhone is not affected overall. I'm just trying to get iMore notifications via the Tapatalk app like I used to. Anyway, thanks again...;)

Well, D I hope you get it resolved without having to do the restore. I'm sure you tried deleting Tapatalk, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling Tapatalk.

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well hope she has a great day

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, D I hope you get it resolved without having to do the restore. I'm sure you tried deleting Tapatalk, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling Tapatalk.

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well hope she has a great day

Thank you both, and yes, I've done the above. I'm not concerned about it or anything, but when I reset the settings, my BofA Virtual Apple Pay card got removed from the Passbook app. I wasn't expecting that to happen. Having said that, I'm not going to re-add it until I've restored my device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's all fixed. It turns out that I had a bad iOS download. I deleted the .ipsw file from my MacBook and then had iTunes reinstall a fresh copy.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't even want notifications. I keep most notifications for almost everything off. I was getting too many dings and dongs, so I turned it all off. LOL I get VIP email, text, calls, Calendar and reminder alerts, and a couple other things. Turned Facebook and Twitter off a long time ago. Enough was enough. I just don't want to be notified every time someone comments. I come to the site enough to see the comments. I practically live here. So if I've been away for awhile, I don't need my phone going ding dong or pop ups or banners and such every minute or two. And that's the truth!

I had to do that when I got my Pebble watch as the constant alerts were very annoying. Even then they were annoying, to the point that I got tired of the watch and quit wearing it. Sometimes it's even much for the phone, so I put it in DND fairly often.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys notice much difference in battery life with notifications on for tapatalk?

No sir. I'm one of those people who get alerts all day every day, and I get excellent battery life.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
No issues here then again I don't get any notifications from the new tapatalk either so not really sure at this point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711