Tapatalk update

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd pay $20 for it if they bought it back. It used to be the best software out there. I'm mobile most of the day and it just plain sucks.

Same here......when I'm on the forums it's mostly from my iPad Air or my 5S if I'm out.

I've just made a decision to delete Tapatalk again.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd pay $20 for it if they bought it back. It used to be the best software out there. I'm mobile most of the day and it just plain sucks.

I Agree. I first got TapaTalk, then I purchased TapaTalk Pro and then TapaTalk Red (Android only, not sure if you guys remember those different colors). I didn't see anything wrong with the way TapaTalk use to be....Now I have the "new" Free version on my iPad only. I'm so glad I was able to keep TapaTalk Pro. I currently use the Pro and "old free" version on my 5s and my Air2 and sometimes go into the iPad free version to see what the updates bring.
I do understand the importance of updating an app, but I don't understand getting rid of great features and user satisfaction for an update.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's great that they want to keep the app up to date but to make it such a visual heavy app is so wrong. It made for a device with a small screen, not a laptop. I just want an app with text plain and simple. It's for reading. I just can't see their path.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Haven't noticed anything different except the header. Don't recall it. This was not a major update. Probably to fix an issue. I have had some loading problems since updating. You can see in the screenshot how both the page loading spinning wheel thingy and the refresh spinning thingy are both spinning non stop. It finally stopped, but I don't know how. I'm gonna go to the TapaTalk Community Forum and see what's going on. Notice the pics on the header? What's that about? Cars and whatnot? Why couldn't they have put pics of iPhones and iPads? Or an ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422927872.889713.jpg
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I Agree. I first got TapaTalk, then I purchased TapaTalk Pro and then TapaTalk Red (Android only, not sure if you guys remember those different colors). I didn't see anything wrong with the way TapaTalk use to be....Now I have the "new" Free version on my iPad only. I'm so glad I was able to keep TapaTalk Pro. I currently use the Pro and "old free" version on my 5s and my Air2 and sometimes go into the iPad free version to see what the updates bring.
I do understand the importance of updating an app, but I don't understand getting rid of great features and user satisfaction for an update.

I had the Pro version as well and thought it was fine. But to my surprise I've been on the new version for a few days and I'm actually liking it. I wish the font was different but other than that I'm ok with it.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the Pro version as well and thought it was fine. But to my surprise I've been on the new version for a few days and I'm actually liking it. I wish the font was different but other than that I'm ok with it.

Agree, I find the new version to be not to bad. But still tend to use the website more.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm also using the new version on my iPad and it's ok, I still like the Pro version the best. Just wish I didn't miss out on the gold and black theme for the pro version

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Another update just now seems to have fixed the slow loading issue. Maybe! Time will tell. But it is working ok so far. It seems all forums have the same header image. That's kind of stupid. What's the point of the header if they're all the same? They should give the forum owners the option to use the image of their own choice. Like on the profile header. I chose that myself. Well, the one in the old version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Another update just now seems to have fixed the slow loading issue. Maybe! Time will tell. But it is working ok so far. It seems all forums have the same header image. That's kind of stupid. What's the point of the header if they're all the same? They should give the forum owners the option to use the image of their own choice. Like on the profile header. I chose that myself. Well, the one in the old version.

What update? Beta?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
. It seems all forums have the same header image. That's kind of stupid. What's the point of the header if they're all the same? They should give the forum owners the option to use the image of their own choice. Like on the profile header. I chose that myself. Well, the one in the old version.

Now you're just complaining to complain. ;)

They do give forum owners the option to change it, it is set by the category your forum is under in tapatalk's directory. If you change it, then it will update from the default. Even then you may need to clear tapatalk cache (or reinstall/update) for it to show.

But the option is there for forum owners.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Now you're just complaining to complain. ;)

They do give forum owners the option to change it, it is set by the category your forum is under in tapatalk's directory. If you change it, then it will update from the default. Even then you may need to clear tapatalk cache (or reinstall/update) for it to show.

But the option is there for forum owners.

Is the background for the iMore forum the same as it was or is it a default background?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711