Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Default Re: Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    One more thing for those of you using the latest official version of Tapatalk, if you go to Settings - Notifications, is Tapatalk listed therein?
    Hey D, Yes I have Tapatalk listed in my notifications under settings.

tapped out from my iPad Air
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Thank you, sir. As you can see via the screenshot, the latest Tapatalk app does not appear in my Notifications section like it used to.

Attachment 76878
    Not that I'm doubting you, but your screenshot doesn't show that Tapatalk isn't in your Notifications. They aren't in alphabetical order so it could be further up or down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Hey D, Yes I have Tapatalk listed in my notifications under settings.

Thanks, Pink........I reset my Settings, but that didn't appear to help. Tapatalk v3.5 still won't display in the Notification settings and I'm still unable to receive notifications. I'm trying to troubleshoot from my end before I do a complete restore as new. My iPhone is not affected overall. I'm just trying to get iMore notifications via the Tapatalk app like I used to. Anyway, thanks again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Not that I'm doubting you, but your screenshot doesn't show that Tapatalk isn't in your Notifications. They aren't in alphabetical order so it could be further up or down the list.
    No problem, Karen. Maps is the last item on the list. If I don't find a solution by tonight, I'll restore it as new. I would do it earlier but today is my daughter's birthday and I'm on standby...

No problem, Karen. Maps is the last item on the list. If I don't find a solution by tonight, I'll restore it as new. I would do it earlier but today is my daughter's birthday and I'm on standby...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Thanks, Pink........I reset my Settings, but that didn't appear to help. Tapatalk v3.5 still won't display in the Notification settings and I'm still unable to receive notifications. I'm trying to troubleshoot from my end before I do a complete restore as new. My iPhone is not affected overall. I'm just trying to get iMore notifications via the Tapatalk app like I used to. Anyway, thanks again...

Well, D I hope you get it resolved without having to do the restore. I'm sure you tried deleting Tapatalk, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling Tapatalk.

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well hope she has a great day

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Well, D I hope you get it resolved without having to do the restore. I'm sure you tried deleting Tapatalk, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling Tapatalk.

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well hope she has a great day

Thank you both, and yes, I've done the above. I'm not concerned about it or anything, but when I reset the settings, my BofA Virtual Apple Pay card got removed from the Passbook app. I wasn't expecting that to happen. Having said that, I'm not going to re-add it until I've restored my device.

It's all fixed. It turns out that I had a bad iOS download. I deleted the .ipsw file from my MacBook and then had iTunes reinstall a fresh copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I don't even want notifications. I keep most notifications for almost everything off. I was getting too many dings and dongs, so I turned it all off. LOL I get VIP email, text, calls, Calendar and reminder alerts, and a couple other things. Turned Facebook and Twitter off a long time ago. Enough was enough. I just don't want to be notified every time someone comments. I come to the site enough to see the comments. I practically live here. So if I've been away for awhile, I don't need my phone going ding dong or pop ups or banners and such every minute or two. And that's the truth!
    I had to do that when I got my Pebble watch as the constant alerts were very annoying. Even then they were annoying, to the point that I got tired of the watch and quit wearing it. Sometimes it's even much for the phone, so I put it in DND fairly often.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Do you guys notice much difference in battery life with notifications on for tapatalk?

Quote Originally Posted by jr866gooner View Post
    Do you guys notice much difference in battery life with notifications on for tapatalk?

No sir. I'm one of those people who get alerts all day every day, and I get excellent battery life.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

No issues here then again I don't get any notifications from the new tapatalk either so not really sure at this point.

I haven't noticed a difference.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

No difference in battery life for me on my iPad Air or my 5S. I get very good battery life on both.

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    No issues here then again I don't get any notifications from the new tapatalk either so not really sure at this point.

You may have had a bad / corrupted iOS installation. As I stated above, not only was I not getting any iMore notifications via the latest Tapatalk app, it wouldn't even show in the notification settings. I deleted the ipsw file from my MacBook and then restored my device as new via iTunes which caused iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.3 onto my iPhone 6 Plus. Not only do I have iMore notifications, the Tapatalk app appears in the notifications settings like it is suppose to. Can the process be an inconvenience? Of course, but the outcome, in my experience, has always been well worth it...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-04-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

You may have had a bad / corrupted iOS installation. As I stated above, not only was I not getting any iMore notifications via the latest Tapatalk app, it wouldn't even show in the notification settings. I deleted the ipsw file from my MacBook and then restored my device as new via iTunes which caused iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.3 onto my iPhone 6 Plus. Not only do I have iMore notifications, the Tapatalk app appears in the notifications settings like it is suppose to. Can the process be an inconvenience? Of course, but the outcome, in my experience, has always been well worth it...
    Yeah I may take some time this weekend and do a new setup. It's been a while since I have done one.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Not that I want to tell you this but going back and forth between the two versions I never clicked the notifications on within the app

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    Not that I want to tell you this but going back and forth between the two versions I never clicked the notifications on within the app

Dude, are you for real?...(laughing)....It's all good, and I won't hold it against you ...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Dude, are you for real?...(laughing)....It's all good, and I won't hold it against you ...
    Yup. Never even crossed my mind. All my notifications where showing up I just didn't see them until I went into the app.

All fixed now lol.

What are these options?

Default Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    The one in the middle is for rearranging your forums.

I forgot the eye one. LOL I'll remember eventually.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 02-05-2015 at 01:41 AM.

The one in the middle doesn't do anything. I tap it and nothing.

Nevermind. I figured out the option in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    Nevermind. I figured out the option in the middle.
    The eye is for hiding forums you don't want others to see. Gray it out and it's hidden.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Default Tapatalk update

I just received a new beta
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast